• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Finally! An affordable rear suspension upgrade for '08-'09 XP's

pauly-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
SILVER STAR,MT
XP SKID

WOULD BE INTERESTED TO SEE A FEW COMMENTS ON THIS KIT.I BOUGHT A VENT KIT FROM XTREMEAIRVENTS,AND WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE PRODUCT AND THE SERVICE.GLAD TO SEE A FELLOW SLEDDER IS OUT TO IMPROVE A GOOD SLED AND MAKE A FEW BUCKS,BUT NOT OVER CHARGE THE PUBLIC.LIKE SOME COMPANIES DO.ANY INFO ON THE KIT WOULD BE HELPFUL.THANKS..

U
Front Idlers can still be ran but new holes need to be drilled about 3/4" back from the stock ones.

The shock is rebuild-able. It comes with all Fox components so parts are readily accessible.

As far as ride time on the kit...well it has the same dimensions as the stock 2010 XP, same shock rebound and dampening, same shock travel and same shock mount locations (with the new bracket) so for me it was a pretty easy choice.

SkiDooHoser

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Driggs, Idaho
Tom's snowmobile is also offering a similar kit that does the same thing. His comes with a fox air shock for around $435.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
shock...bolts and two metal strips with holes

If this is effective seems like a DIY job?

R

Reno Tom

Jun 16, 2009
With Tom's kit you can also send in your current air shock for him to rebuild and you get two billet inserts to remount the shock.Call him to confirm.My buddy did his xp 146 and loves it

B

big air crash

Dec 21, 2007
St. Louis Park, MN
I just did the upgrade with the brackets from Toms. I had a longer shock built by DeyCore. Compared to the kit in the earlier post I would say Toms set up is a much cleaner and stronger looking set up. Tom says run the stock limiter strap. Total cost was less than 200 bucks. I will try and post a few pics.

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
Probably a stupid question, but I've got the hillclimb adjustable shock. How does that compare? Would it be about the same if I cranked it up and moved it forward an inch?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Doesn't moving the shock mount position back in the rails, increase its angle and therefore reducing its downward push? Now I would expect it to collapse easier and put more weight on the skis which makes it harder to handle and pull over???

On my 08 we moved the top mount position down and slightly back and got the results we wanted. It also aided in reducing rear sagging and lighted the ski pressure.

Premium Features