• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rooster Built clutch kit review

H

Hiterhard

Oct 13, 2008
Northern WY
so how you getting ahold of them? i have called there 5 times in the last week. now it says the answer machine is full.i have both numbers and no answer on eather.
need some clutching gearing and some other stuff.

206-940-5794, talked with dave. Called their other number and same story, mailbox was full. But called the other number and must have got lucky.

L

liv2mx

Oct 5, 2009
michigan and in the west
paul sent me a pm today so i am sure i will connect with them..said he will call me when he is back at the shop.busy time of year, so i am sure the phone never stops ringing.
that alone is good business!!

cash

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Omaha
Have dealt with them 3 times and always left a message, they always returned my calls later that day. They are pacific time zone so this may be part of your problem.

J

J5

Feb 19, 2009
Easton, WA
Rode my 09 XP 154 with 19T gears and RB clutch kit, it RIPPED compared to stock! Thanks again Paul, it's a great feeling to feel like you made a modification to your sled and there was evident improvement. No sweat pulling R's I wanted and it seemed to want to continue to climb! Unfortunately, I didn't look to see track speed but will watch this weekend.

thanks again!

dirrtporr

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2008
Washington
Thumbs Up!!

We had roosterbuilt clutch kits and camo extreme 2.5 tracks installed on both of our 2010 summit xp 800 x's (154/146) and am extremely happy with the performance. There is definitely a night and day difference........... feels like we are gliding through the snow instead of trenching to the hubs of hell! Looking forward to trying the relocation brackets as well.

Thanks Roosterbuilt!

X
Nov 20, 2009
Bend, OR
For the few that have not been overwhelmed the kit, I am not disputing any results but would recommend looking into your calibration if you are not finding the results you thought you would get out of the kit. I am the most skepticle guy around but can't say enough positive things about the RB kit. An aftermarket product that actually gives a noticeable seat of the pants gain, is worth mentioning time and time again. There are far to many products out there that over-promise and under deliver. I have spent my hard earned money on many of these so called mods that supposedly give gains and have been left feeling violated after trying them. I know I seem like a spokesperson but feel like credit should be given when a product actually works like it should.

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
For the few that have not been overwhelmed the kit, I am not disputing any results but would recommend looking into your calibration if you are not finding the results you thought you would get out of the kit. I am the most skepticle guy around but can't say enough positive things about the RB kit. An aftermarket product that actually gives a noticeable seat of the pants gain, is worth mentioning time and time again. There are far to many products out there that over-promise and under deliver. I have spent my hard earned money on many of these so called mods that supposedly give gains and have been left feeling violated after trying them. I know I seem like a spokesperson but feel like credit should be given when a product actually works like it should.

That is EXACTLY what I was trying to say when I started this thread. It seems like in the sledding industry (or any industry I guess), there are so many business trying to sell you something........anything, just to make a buck. Its pretty sad when you're actually surprised when you find a product that actually works as good or better than advertised.

I wouldnt hesitate to buy anything the boys at rooster built recommend. Ive talked to Paul about a few different aftermarket parts. Heads, pipes, etc. If they dont work, they will tell you straight up. Not try to sell you something extra just to make a few bucks. Seems like these guys are only interested in selling stuff that actually works. Good way to do business IMO. :face-icon-small-coo

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
We appreciate the compliments....that is why we do this, it sure isn't for the $$, it's more of a passion for us and we enjoy it!!
For the guys not completely happy or not seeing good results....give us a call. There are MANY things that can be wrong. The small number of customers that have had issues and called have all been remedied to the best of my knowledge. Every single case (so far) has been traced to something other than calibration.....clutch wear, installation errors, clutch alignment, power output (DPM solenoid, EV's, crank runout etc...)
It is in everyones best interest for your sled to work as good as possible and we will do all we can to make sure that happens.

H

Hiterhard

Oct 13, 2008
Northern WY

Went through clutches last night, cleaned shieves, blew out belt dust, all buttons and rollers and arms swang and rolled free. clipped cotter pin to only 3/16 of inch on each side, just to be sure something was not getting hung up there. Everything in clutch looked good. RB told me to try adding weight due to belt slip. Fingers crossed for this weekend. Each set up is different, head/pipe mods, I have a feeling thats what I'm running into because I'm not completely stock.

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
RB

My kits rocks 400 miles no belt problems, pulls hard holds rpm. I have not ridden with any other 146 in sleds but I love mine

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Went through clutches last night, cleaned shieves, blew out belt dust, all buttons and rollers and arms swang and rolled free. clipped cotter pin to only 3/16 of inch on each side, just to be sure something was not getting hung up there. Everything in clutch looked good. RB told me to try adding weight due to belt slip. Fingers crossed for this weekend. Each set up is different, head/pipe mods, I have a feeling thats what I'm running into because I'm not completely stock.

Gearing?! Did you do the recommended gearing by RB? I did not at first, found I had the same issues, changed the gearing and now the sled is a world different by 1 Frik'n tooth difference....so I'm happy now:face-icon-small-hap

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Gearing?! Did you do the recommended gearing by RB? I did not at first, found I had the same issues, changed the gearing and now the sled is a world different by 1 Frik'n tooth difference....so I'm happy now:face-icon-small-hap

Good to hear :smow:

E
Jan 18, 2010
Eastern Idaho
How much is a 19t gear? I got the RB clutch kit and was recommened to use a 19t gear but thought I had a 20t in the sled and it wouldnt make a huge differance. when I opened the chain case I found a 21t

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
How much is a 19t gear? I got the RB clutch kit and was recommened to use a 19t gear but thought I had a 20t in the sled and it wouldnt make a huge differance. when I opened the chain case I found a 21t

change it ASAP, besides your sheaves having black streaks on them you will actually use the whole clutch sheeve. do this mark the sheave with a sharpie vertically up and down the sheave, ride it open it up...full speed whatever. look to see how high your belt gets in the primary by how much marker is gone. change to the recommended gearing and mark again...run same test....have WOW factor:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
Premium Features