• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

fix xp sag billet brackets

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Yeah, no doubt........for 60 bucks might as well give them a try. Its nice to see products put out for sledders BY sledders that arent trying to completely hose people. Imagine if Racers Edge had come up with these? They'd probably retail for $350.:face-icon-small-con

D
Sep 10, 2008
When you all are talking about the saggin an inch.
You are talking about the bumper sitting an inch lower in the fully lifted position.(lifting bumper by hand all the way up) And it holds your weight at full lift and recovers after every bump to the fully lifted position but an inch lower. IS THIS CORRECT??

Last edited:
L

lugnut

Sep 21, 2008
Vancouver Island
Were international! haha. C3 just sent a batch to Sweden. Pretty cool.

If your in the U.S call Rooster biult. Save some on shipping.

Y
Nov 26, 2007
sag kit and springs

Installed both sag kit and stiffer spring. Not too impressed. Ran with stiffer spring for a few rides and was a good improvement. I do not recommend installing both. 200lb rider.

Seemed too solid, sat on top of snow but when in deep sis not seem to unload snow well. also after getting stuck, took some distance to "clean" snow from skid and get back up on top.

Installing camo extreme this week and will try just the sag fix and try that.

Any others with experience rnning stiff spring vs sag kit???

Thanks

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Installed both sag kit and stiffer spring. Not too impressed. Ran with stiffer spring for a few rides and was a good improvement. I do not recommend installing both. 200lb rider.

Seemed too solid, sat on top of snow but when in deep sis not seem to unload snow well. also after getting stuck, took some distance to "clean" snow from skid and get back up on top.

Installing camo extreme this week and will try just the sag fix and try that.

Any others with experience rnning stiff spring vs sag kit???

Thanks

On our 2010 we run the stock springs on #1 and it's plenty firm for a 200+lb rider. No more need for HD springs.
We got these brackets yesterday so I will be contacting those that wanted them later today.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Hmmm i just put a 2010 skid in my 09 and i reused my 09 HD springs and have it on setting 1. Doesnt seem too stiff in the garage. Im 235. sj

S
Jan 1, 2008
Lewiston Idaho
I ordered mine tuedsay and Paul had them to me next day! I am going to run these on my 09' 163 in McCall this weekend and I will report. I am happy with the way my sled in running now, other than the rear skid does bottom out a little to easy. As far as ski lift my 09' is not too bad stock, hope these brackets don't force my skis too low. A little ski lift is where the fun is!

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
SHR approved base line set ups with scissor brackets...

2008-2009- let limiter out all the way...stock springs*...install brackets...re-adj spring pre-load as needed...bumper height will go UP from sagged stock position (bumper will drop VS lifted/full extension height)...DO NOT add longer rear brackets/move front hole etc... these brackets FIX skid in STOCK location.

2010-2011- stock limiter or IN 1 hole...stock springs*...install brackets...re-adj pre-load as needed...

*previously installed heavier springs MAY not work with brackets (too stiff)...HD spring upgrade recomended to help STOCK susp. geometry...

*** IMHO only and as an added option to this kit- I drilled a new hole in between stock and update...seems to still fix sag problem, limits bumper drop and still controls ski lift on the 2010's...BJ

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Hmmm i used the hd springs and with me all geared up prob at least 270 and a gas can on , my sled would still bottom over slow rollers. I think Im setting 2 with the hd spring. Never did try the stock spring.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Hmmm i used the hd springs and with me all geared up prob at least 270 and a gas can on , my sled would still bottom over slow rollers. I think Im setting 2 with the hd spring. Never did try the stock spring.

its OK...you can admit your REAL weight here...were all friends............:face-icon-small-hap

I weigh 290 (310+ dressed/back pack)....with 2010 skid/HC rear shock (Fett stage 1) and I'm back to stock springs...granted the shock has a little more ummph than stock X model...but NOT that much...LOL-BJ

**I did say "MAY not work"....

Last edited:
Premium Features