• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ALL NEW Electro-Boost to debut at the Puyallup Snow Show 10%+ gain!!!

T

Trinity Taz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The dyno dosent lie and neither does the track record of seven test sleds for two years and over 4,000 miles.

But, if you say it won't work, we'll just stop right now, okay.

Pessimism never accomplished anything, so maybe we should save the final judgement for the snow.
;)

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
1. Clean it up guys or I'll lock the thread,

2. If you dont have anything constructive to say keep it to your self.

That is about as poor of a job moderating as I have ever seen.:rolleyes:

1. Instead of threatening to lock a thread over 2 comment, delete the comments if you find them to offensive.
Let everyone else keep the thread open and available.

2. Since when does every comment on an open forum have to be constructive?

It's amazing how many of these mods write their own rules.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
The dyno dosent lie and neither does the track record of seven test sleds for two years and over 4,000 miles.

Pessimism never accomplished anything, so maybe we should save the final judgement for the snow.
;)

I stopped by and saw it yesterday. Looks like a nice setup. Please post the dyno when you can.

Rt

Yella Belly

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yakima, WA
Soooooo,,,?

So what does it do during all the time it's off?
I looked at it at the show, and it does blow a bunch of air? However it looked like it would be a restriction during all the time the sled is not WOT. Also dropping the clickers changes the clutch performance right up to the time the button is pressed. On the demo, the switch is heat shrunk to the throttle flipper, and you have to be fully WOT to engage. I wonder what the feeling is on those tricky feather the throttle from wot to half to wot days.

It does sound cool..........

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT

;)

Not being just pessimistic. I own the blower. Its sitting on my toolbox at the shop. I was stoked to put it on my xp. Just... well you've seen my posts i take it. The thing is very restrictive.

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
. Gain a whopping ten plus percent horsepower gain on top of any motor mods for less than $800!

So in you opinion, it's completely safe to run it with an 860?

very cool concept, but I would need to see some data as well. even pic's,
video's, something. I hope you guys will be at the slc show.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
What size of a restrictor are you putting in the exhaust?

Curious to see this. I've played around with superchargers on sleds and it is not a walk in the park

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
It does look pretty interesting and sounds like a good idea. They obviously tested it and Taz was a nice guy to talk too. I'd like to see the intake solution they have improved a little more though. proofs in the pudding. would be cool to watch one run on the hill. Neat idea though. :D

R

Reno Tom

Jun 16, 2009
I went to the show this weekend and saw this set up.Claims 15 + hp at 3500'.This fan spools up really fast and moves alot of air.There were was nothing done to the exhaust.I think the fan runs from slow to fast as you work the throttle.So I don't know if this will affect air flow.One issue is it draws 60 amps twice what the head lights draw.He told me if you do alot of long pulls the battery will not keep up so when this happens you will have flow problems.I would like to see accurate dyno tests on it.Jury out untill test.Hope it does well

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
I went to the show this weekend and saw this set up.Claims 15 + hp at 3500'.This fan spools up really fast and moves alot of air.There were was nothing done to the exhaust.I think the fan runs from slow to fast as you work the throttle.So I don't know if this will affect air flow.One issue is it draws 60 amps twice what the head lights draw.He told me if you do alot of long pulls the battery will not keep up so when this happens you will have flow problems.I would like to see accurate dyno tests on it.Jury out untill test.Hope it does well

it does not draw 60amps. if it did it would require #4 wires going to it. It does draw a health amount of power no doubt, but the battery is part of the kit to power its draws - its true that it won't keep up the power if you banged a hill over and over and over. he said it gives continued peak boost for about 3 minutes and then needs some charge time, but if you were boon docking it would keep up all day.

It's a one speed motor too. not a multispeed. it's on or off and only comes on at WOT.

I appluad the guys for coming with a new product. I'm not convinced enough yet to try it, but i think it has merit and am always happy to support a new idea and encourage innovation in our sport.

S
Aug 31, 2008
it does not draw 60amps. if it did it would require #4 wires going to it. It does draw a health amount of power no doubt, but the battery is part of the kit to power its draws - its true that it won't keep up the power if you banged a hill over and over and over. he said it gives continued peak boost for about 3 minutes and then needs some charge time, but if you were boon docking it would keep up all day.

It's a one speed motor too. not a multispeed. it's on or off and only comes on at WOT.

If that's the way it works, it sounds like a cool idea, may be better than n2o over time in cost savings, but it won't give the same results as n2o would it?

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Actually, according to the motor specs it draws 62 Amps @ 12 volts.

If the copper run is around 3 feet, assuming a one way current flow, with a chassis return, 12VDC, 62 Amps, on 8AWG copper wire, you'd only get a 0.12 volt drop or about 1% power loss. Plus you can assume a low duty cycle, probably around 10 to 30% for heat dissipation. The shorter the wire, the better, it can make up for gauge. (I ran these numbers on a electrical engineering calculator)

You should think of this electric blower as an altitude compensator. It basically drops your altitude 2000 feet, increasing your horsepower by 2000 feet. 2000 feet is 1 PSI.

I hope to see this thing run, over the winter Taz. It's interesting. I ran the numbers by our thermo guy today, interesting to say the least. You know next time I see you, I will have a couple hard questions for you. It's science dude. :)

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Actually, according to the motor specs it draws 62 Amps @ 12 volts.

If the copper run is around 3 feet, assuming a one way current flow, with a chassis return, 12VDC, 62 Amps, on 8AWG copper wire, you'd only get a 0.12 volt drop or about 1% power loss. Plus you can assume a low duty cycle, probably around 10 to 30% for heat dissipation. The shorter the wire, the better, it can make up for gauge. (I ran these numbers on a electrical engineering calculator)

You should think of this electric blower as an altitude compensator. It basically drops your altitude 2000 feet, increasing your horsepower by 2000 feet. 2000 feet is 1 PSI.

I hope to see this thing run, over the winter Taz. It's interesting. I ran the numbers by our thermo guy today, interesting to say the least. You know next time I see you, I will have a couple hard questions for you. It's science dude. :)

so its a 750watt blower? That seems pretty high considering the size of the thing.

i agree on the wire due to it being so short.

i'd like to hear what your "thermo guy" had to say. :eek:

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
(I ran these numbers on a electrical engineering calculator)

10 year old casio? lol Your numbers are correct too.

It looks pretty neat. Note that the fan/ charger thing is not the source for air flow during non-wot runs. The charger is an auxiliary air source. Something important to keep in mind. Oh, that and the cost was 800 for 10% improvement.. about 12 -14 hp depending upon sled. Doesn't sound too bad.

Last edited:
Premium Features