• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 GOGGLES w/ RX Goggles-prescription Lenses

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
www.backcountrybasics.com
509 Sinister Goggles http://www.509films.com/optics/new/ has teamed up with RX Goggles http://www.888rxgoggles.com/ the leader in prescription lenses!

509 Sinister Goggles are compatible with RX prescription lenses for under $200. It is hard to even BUY a set of glasses these days for that barely. If you are like me, Glasses always get damages before it is time to renew a prescription. RX Goggle Lenses don't! They are tough!

If you get tired of your frames you end up spending $300 again with glasses! If you get tired of your Sinister style, you spend under a $100 & have a new look!

I have been using the same set of RX Goggles prescription lenses for three years now.

My lenses are brand new looking & no scratches.

These lenses have outlasted my eye prescription.

The lens cost is half of the competitor brands. (I bought two sets of lenses for the price of one of the competitors) If you can afford it I suggest ordering two lenses. Just so you can switch out riding goggles & not take gloves off when it is really cold & keep snow out of the inside of the goggle when switching lenses on deep powder days.

The lenses are interchangeable depending on goggle brand & style. (so if you want all 9 Sinsister styles you can have them & just pop the prescription lens into the one you want to use)

RX Goggles uses the materials of Polocarbonate or Trivex, which basically make them bomb proof & protect your eyes in case of any impact & have a lifetime guarentee.

I have used these in the summer riding dirt & in the winter sledding. 509 also is providing both dirt & snow goggles that work with these lenses. Basically thermal & non thermal lenses. So between Tom & Drew you can have the a top of the line set up for each time of the year & sport.

They are easy to take out & clean.

Fogging is no different than using a normal high end goggle with out a prescription lens. Basically no fogging at all. The 509 Sinister Goggles makes this factor pretty much nonexistent with the quality of the goggle.

This set up is so comfortable I forget they are on until someone comments on them!

They best part! I can finally wear AWESOME GOGGLES & SEE! In the past I was limited to choices on what I could have, was comfortable, quality, & looked half way decent. I like fun & funky! Now I can have it all!

The Bandana, Camo, & Parsons Signature Series are my favorites!

WHOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

Thank you Drew & Tom! Thank you for great customer service also!

Last edited:
R
Nov 4, 2013
Buena Vista, CO
Just beginning research on lenses like these. My dad decided to begin snowmobiling this season and his biggest issues are his glasses fogging up constantly. Anyone have any experience, input or other suggestions on how these type of lenses do with fogging up in winter conditions?

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
I am ordering mine from them this week also. I have been using Pro-Vue prescription goggles for the last 7 years, and while they work great, being able to use 509 Sinisterx5 goggles will kick arse. :face-icon-small-ton

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
509 Aviators

I also have been wearing Pro-Vue goggles for the last 10 years and they work ok, but seem to fog after the first year or so. Found out about RX Goggles and I can't believe how many goggles they make prescription lenses for! I just got prescription lenses for the 509 Aviators, that will also fit many other brands of goggles from MX style to sled style. "GREAT" people to work with, very helpful and just good info on how to care for your goggles and clean your lenses to prevent fogging! If you wear glasses and use goggles, call them.

Premium Features