• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pelican box mounted on tunnel

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Looking at doing this to my new 2018 mountain cat that I'll be getting in the fall. Has anyone mounted one on a proclimb? How did you go about it? I'm looking at having it easily removable (on and off) without needing to unbolt anything maybe a rail system? Let's see your ideas! Thanks

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Don't remember where but saw some one had mounted something (wasn't a pelican case) using some old cut up rails and a set of hifaxs. Guessing that would require a decent amount of work.

Another idea would be trying to use the linq system. I have never seen the mounting parts up close but I am guessing it could be done.

Alsoooo... may be more work than the average guy wants to do but you could dovetail a couple tracks through a piece of HDPE, mount that to your pelican case and then use mountain addiction rails.

Orrrrr you could just not worry about it, save some money and bolt that thing right up. If your afraid of it getting taken throw a padlock on it, in order to unbolt it it would need be opened up.

I love the pelican case on my Axys, cost half and works twice as well as any bag I have ever used. Still got its quirks- the latches will occasionally get snowed/iced up and require a little bit of "work" and the fact that lid is 2" deep rather than flush with the top can make getting it shut when its full of chit a PITA. But its bombproof/waterproof storage, and works WELL. Good luck, post up some pics when you get something thrown together this fall.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Great ideas!! I love the linq system idea, not so much because it's brp parts on a cat:p haha but it's the best system by far.
I did a quick search but only found the mounting and the lock level but couldn't find the other end the flipper that goes in first before you lock it in with the lever

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Take some old hifax. Not sure if all profiles will work but my old ones from prev cats and doos would.

Cut two strips and mount to tunnel.

Mount two strips to box so that the box strips slide into the tunnel strips.

Leave the box and tunnel strips slightly longer than needed and once the box is in place, install a fastener in each strip which prevents the box from moving.

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
I did this for carrying my camera gear and the linq setup lasted 2 rides before I ended up bolting it right to the tunnel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
I did this for carrying my camera gear and the linq setup lasted 2 rides before I ended up bolting it right to the tunnel

2 rides? What happened to it? Why only 2 rides? Did the bolts pull out of the tunnel? Did the brackets break? I don't see how it could be any less of a great product mounted to a cat?

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
2 rides? What happened to it? Why only 2 rides? Did the bolts pull out of the tunnel? Did the brackets break? I don't see how it could be any less of a great product mounted to a cat?

This happened
0fa9d7b955eb8527d6163909ae44cfbe.jpg

After talking to some buddies who ride there doo's hard it isn't uncommon either

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
This happened
0fa9d7b955eb8527d6163909ae44cfbe.jpg

After talking to some buddies who ride there doo's hard it isn't uncommon either

Oh boy.... that's not good lol, I'm planing at putting 4 one in each corner to distribute the load a little more, the problem is all the wobbly pops we put in them it's a lot of weight getting tossed around

Premium Features