• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 800 xp Engine and clutch torque specs

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
OK guys, I have been browsing the site all morning looking for engine and clutch torque specs for an 09 800 xp. I figured we could post them all under one thread so the info is easier found in the future. Unfortunately, I don't know what they are, so if you know them,please post here. Looking for:head and cylinder bolts,secondary clutch shaft bolt,primary clutch(89ft-lbs) and all bolts associated within the clutches. Any other specs you want to add would also be great. Do you use locktite,and if so,what color and on what bolt? Shop manuals are too expensive and the wife is paranoid about buying anything on the internet....so this would be greatly appreciated.

M
OK guys, I have been browsing the site all morning looking for engine and clutch torque specs for an 09 800 xp. I figured we could post them all under one thread so the info is easier found in the future. Unfortunately, I don't know what they are, so if you know them,please post here. Looking for:head and cylinder bolts,secondary clutch shaft bolt,primary clutch(89ft-lbs) and all bolts associated within the clutches. Any other specs you want to add would also be great. Do you use locktite,and if so,what color and on what bolt? Shop manuals are too expensive and the wife is paranoid about buying anything on the internet....so this would be greatly appreciated.

Shop manual for the 08 XP shows the following, going to presume that the 09 is the same.

Head bolts 29 N.m (21 lbf.ft) no loctite
Cylinder bolts 50 N.m (37 lbf.ft) no loctite
Knock sensor 24 N.m (18 ;bf.ft) no loctite
Water exit housing 9 N.m (80lbf.in) loctite 243
Carb boots 6 N.m (53 lbf.in) loctite 243
Rave valves 9 N.m (80 lbf.in) no loctite
Rave valve caps 4 N.m (35 lbf.in) loctite 243
Y-pipe bolts 15 N.m (132 lbf.in)
Primary clutch 120 N.m (89 lbf.ft)
Spring cover 25 N.m (18 lbf.ft)
Ramps 10 N.m (89 lbf.in)
Arms 10 N.m (89 lbf.in)
Clicker bolts 10 n.M (89 lbf.in)
Secondary helix bolts 32 N.m (24 lbf.ft)
Bolts on secondary rollers 14 N.m (124 lbf.in)
Gear to secondary shaft 48 N.m (35 lbf.ft)

Last edited:
Premium Features