• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 Dragon 163 Carls 860 loaded with extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Thought I would put my sled up for sale, if I get a decent price then I will move to a PRO chassis sled (like my wife).

FALL 2014: OFF THE MARKET, maybe next spring I will put it up for sale again. Had local full price cash offers a couple weeks ago and I pulled the ad off craigslist too. Spring pricing is off the table. :)

For sale: 2008 Dragon 800 163 with Carls 860 motor. Chassis has high miles (just passed 4000 last weekend), but when I bought it in 2012 the motor had 900 miles total and the top end had 500, 2010 skid with 400 miles on it (with antistab) including shocks and all new drive shaft bearings, chain and sprockets recently done, 200 miles on rebuilt primary. Sled included a newer Camoplast Extreme 2.5 track, Koso dual EGTs, SLP single, SLP high flow intake, handlebar riser, gas can rack, TCP front bumper, snow eliminator running boards, clutch side and exhaust side venting, windshield bag, under seat bag.

Since then I had all 4 shocks revalved and rebuilt by Fabcraft, rebuilt the secondary and replaced both clutch springs, replaced hyfax, added some idlers to the skid, tunnel bag, 2010 magnesium chaincase cover, new roller chain tensioner, lightweight 2010 disc brake rotor, 2010 sealed airbox, timbersled intake and prefilter kit (not yet fully installed), LED fan cooler on electronics. Spare new 115 belt. Newer carbides and new ski rubber cushions. WRP Mountain Assault seat cover (cool looking, and tackier than stock). New handlebar heaters (SPI). Recent fuel filter. Mountain Fit polycarbonate hood blank (clear) will go with it if wanted, includes uninstalled gauge riser and air shelf, just never got around to doing the project.

Only run 91 octane non-ethanol and Redline snowmobile oil per Carls recommendations.

Runs great, super torquey, looks good(like a 7.5 out of 10).

Looking to get $4800 out of it now - price dropped a lot now. Engine kit is $4000 alone. Carls recommends replacing pistons every 1200 miles as maintenance, they have about 1000 miles on them now, so I may give a "piston allowance". :face-icon-small-hap

Would sell outright or trade my sled plus cash on a 2011 or newer Polaris 155 or maybe 163, stock or not.

PMs work best for me.

DSCN0530a.jpg DSCN0531a.jpg DSCN0532a.jpg DSCN0533a.jpg

Last edited:

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Nice sled here folks. I mean really nice!

RSCN0340_zps830b8d33.jpg

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Price dropped to $4900... had it out today, lots of fun, lots of snow still out there (here anyway). :)

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Final price drop to 4800. :amen: Lotta sled for the money. Pull and go performance. Starts first pull almost every time, it is stout but give it a firm tug and you are ready to go.

Last price drop of the season. If it sells I will find a Pro-ride chassis sled (like my wife's new-to-her sled). If not I can definitely stand to ride this another season. Been super reliable! (this is what Polaris should have made in the first place)

EDIT: Off the market now. Turned down full price cash offer a couple weeks ago, going to ride it and put on some of the upgrades...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features