• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camso 2.7" 9363M

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Resurrecting this thread... TracksUSA has this track for 599 plus a little shipping, which is WAY cheaper than the X3 or x3.2. 162x15x2.7 with center port so it goes right on the Polaris drivers... found it for 565 shipped on ebay, just have to try it out for that price. Should be here Saturday or Monday...

We have been cutting down the outside lugs on the X3 to 2.7. This should be an awesome track and a great price.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
what is the theory behind that cut?

Snow evacuation. The X3 is pretty tight.
The cut also picks up track speed.
We have been trimming tracks for a long time.

picture.php

Last edited:

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
what about this track? is it sawtooth tipped or like the pic on this page?

https://camso.co/en/snowmobile/prod...=35&backpage=/en/snowmobile/products?brand=35

It is not sawtoothed based on the picture on tracksusa.com (you have to poke around to find it but it is there). And on their site it states it is a trimmed down X3. I don't think the X3 is sawtoothed either, their pics show the x3.2 as sawtoothed...

We have been cutting down the outside lugs on the X3 to 2.7. This should be an awesome track and a great price.
I agree it is a great price point. The ebay seller has relisted them for $565 shipped:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CAMSO-162-...GR-X2-7-1-PLY-TRACK-W-PORT-9363M/312345564530
So with the stock 3" sled, 7 tooth 3" pitch drivers with center extrovert, was it really that snug? I haven't looked at it yet. But my series 7 polaris track is coming out of there as soon as this track arrives and it will be going up for sale... even running in decent fresh snow Wednesday I could hear the unclipped parts of the track squeaking on the hyfax...

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
9363M is the version with the center punched for Polaris drivers... this is going to be sweet... I loved my Camo Extreme 2.5" 163 track on my Carls 860 Dragon in more set-up snow, even in powder I liked it (good all-around track for those of us who don't know when to call it quits in spring), hope this comes close especially in upcoming spring conditions...
Strange how they want $100 more for the 156" version with center punch than all the other versions.
Picture of center punched track attached. EDIT: Never mind, looks like TRS beat me to it. Thanks for that though!

Last edited:

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Is it a foregone conclusion that 3 lugs wide is better than 4?

Why wouldn't Poo do this from factory?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
If I read this right, for $599 I could upgrade the track to the 162/2.7 - cool ! While 1" shorter, this still mounts up to factory Polaris 163 rails ? And/Or Ice Age rails ? ...... Talking to Ice Age, the 162 fits fine. [The 1" change is just due to the 3" versus 2.86". (Sounds like a Polaris track is actually 162 when a 3.0" lug and pitch, anyway)].

Then I would need to update my drivers from 2.86 to 3". Looking at the Pol site - this is a whole new axle which retails at $620.

Can I still use the orig QD belt drive set up that came with the 155/2.6 ? - Yes (It's the same between 155 & 163). The difference between 2.6 and 2.7 isn't enough extra drag to be any different from a factory set up for 163/2.6.

So the 155 to 163 change - if using the x2.7 is looking like track at $600, Rails at $520, and an axle at $620 - $1740. Rails for $520 plus a Series 6 163 @ 1400 - $1920 - RETAIL prices.

Now to be on the look out for a crashed sled .... ?

Last edited:

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
If I read this right, for $599 I could upgrade the track to the 162/2.7 - cool ! While 1" shorter, this still mounts up to factory Polaris 163 rails ? And/Or Ice Age rails ?

Then I would need to update my drivers from 2.86 to 3". OK -

Can I still use the orig QD belt drive set up that came with the 155/2.6 ?
I have been told this will work with factory Axys 163 rails that came on the 2.6 but it is a different part number for the 2.6 sleds and 3.0 sleds... if you are starting at 155 you either need to buy extensions or pick up a set of rails anyway, so picking up the ice age 162 or the factory rails for a 3" track would be best. And yeah, you would have to change drivers from 2.86 pitch to 3.0 pitch. Avid makes good ones but if they are extroverts you would also need to do antistab, or you could do the involute style with the center single extrovert like Polaris does. If you could find a Axys 3" pitch shaft that would work (although it isn't the lightweight drive shaft it will bolt in to the QD setup). Might want to gear down with Pro QD gears though (works with stock Axys QD belt)...

Then I have heard of some guys running the 2.86 drivers on a 3" track successfully but seems like a hack to me that might cause problems.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Hmm, all good points. Seems like it really depends on what prices I find on the other parts.

Found a new Series 6 163 for $1000 from partzilla. In that case, it's a 2.86 so no change to drivers......just add the rails at $520 (Ice Age). Now we are at $1550ish and less monkeying around changing drivers, but perhaps I can find the track or rails from a crashed unit ..... ? Will be on the look out.......

Last edited:

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Hmm, all good points. Seems like it really depends on what prices I find on the other parts.

Found a new Series 6 163 for $1000 from partzilla. In that case, it's a 2.86 so no change to drivers......just add the rails at $520 (Ice Age). Now we are at $1550ish and less monkeying around changing drivers, but perhaps I can find the track or rails from a crashed unit ..... ? Will be on the look out.......
That is a lot of coin for a track... less than the Polaris dealers want I suppose though. For the riding conditions I encounter if I had a 163 2.6 Axys and needed a track I would get a Camo Extreme 9105M same pitch same length fully clipped single ply and one tough track in my experience... yes it is 2.5 instead of 2.6 but tougher, works better in set up snow, and about $680 if you know where to look. Fits on Polaris rails and drivers... might give up a little to the 2.5 in softer snow. But not a lot IMHO. To each their own. Since I ended up buying a sled with the 3" pitch this new track seems like it will be ideal for me since I don't have to change any parts.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

If you have access to a press I would go 2.7 and center drivers from avid ($260) rather than $1000 for a poo track.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
If you have access to a press I would go 2.7 and center drivers from avid ($260) rather than $1000 for a poo track.
Hard to justify $1000 for a replacement track that does not hold up very well... 680 for a 9105M 2.5 track and slap it on there as-is is the cheapest and better solution than stock IMHO. Or take the $1000 and go at the suspension / driver changes to go 2.7...

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
Have rund the X3 this season, very happy with it. Trenched before i got the suspension setup correctly.

Just bought a 19 850 155, and have a x2.7 track and polaris style avid drivers on the way. Thinking this will be a killer combo, all the power from the 850 and a track that really bites.

Should be noted, will be running the series 6 for early season powder riding, and the x2.7 for spring..

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Done ! Found a 9105M for $700 on end of season close out. I can use that $300 toward the rails. Drops right in. Plenty of logical reasons to go to extroverts, but not enough to spend the extra, ..... yet. That will make my change over just about $1000-$1100.

2.5" vs 2.6" ? That's sounds like fuel for a good excuse if I don't make some climb out of a powder filled hole. :face-icon-small-win

Next will be the Ice Age rails.

Thank you !

Last edited:

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Done ! Found a 9105M for $700 on end of season close out. I can use that $300 toward the rails. Drops right in. Plenty of logical reasons to go to extroverts, but not enough to spend the extra, ..... yet. That will make my change over just about $1000-$1100.

2.5" vs 2.6" ? That's sounds like fuel for a good excuse if I don't make some climb out of a powder filled hole. :face-icon-small-win

Next will be the Ice Age rails.

Thank you !
I think you will be pretty happy with that track. When coming out of that powder hole, feather your throttle don't hammer it... you'll be good.

On the 9363M, I just opened the shipping box last night and felt the paddles... wow, reminds me of the 9105M Camo Extreme, paddles still a bit flexible, but stiffer than the series 7 Polaris track for sure. I think this will be the right combination for me, especially for spring, but should work all-around, as I said just feather the throttle coming out of those powder holes... Or like @rydningen I could put the stock on for January through March and put on the X2.7, kinda like changing out your snow tires / all season tires... lol

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
How is the 2.7 working out for those of you that tryed it ?

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
How is the 2.7 working out for those of you that tryed it ?
I only got a couple rides on it last spring, and still getting used to the Axys coming off a 2015 Pro, but I liked the track a lot... the few rides I had before that on the stock 3" track I can't really say anything bad about it either but with the softer lugs I am sure I would have gotten myself into a few uncomfortable downhill situations... I like the extra braking of a stiffer track...

Premium Features