• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is a new Powerful SnowBike coming?

heliwrench

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2015
With the way they pull air/fuel out of the crankcase, on a V-twin it's really hard to keep the 2 cylinders from fighting over the air/fuel.

I kinda figured that was what he was getting at. There are a ton of V-4 and V-6 2 stroke outboard motors out there. They must have something figured out to deal with that. I've never had the bottom end apart on one of those but as far as I can tell they have seals on the outer diameter of the crankshaft at each journal and partitions in the crankcase. V-twin should be able to work the same I would think.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I kinda figured that was what he was getting at. There are a ton of V-4 and V-6 2 stroke outboard motors out there. They must have something figured out to deal with that. I've never had the bottom end apart on one of those but as far as I can tell they have seals on the outer diameter of the crankshaft at each journal and partitions in the crankcase. V-twin should be able to work the same I would think.

Yep.
Nobody makes one to retrofit in a bike.

EXO Sled

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 4, 2017
Need power to ride with friends who have sled with power!

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Need power to ride with friends who have sled with power!

It's fun with some sled groups. The group that we ride with use to worry because I pick different routes but once they got comfortable with me coming from any given direction I'm the last they worry about head counting . It's become kind of my responsibility to count and at times that gets old because most of the time the pace is quit different so I make a game of it and play cat and mouse because so much ground can be covered .

I believe like mentioned before that a pro would make a great one ski for some because it's the closest and simplest to replicate a one ski is the main reason and the second that everyone complains about the lightest .

I hope you guys sell the crap out of this .

Last edited:

heliwrench

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2015
I cant copy the link but if you are on Facebook, search for BRC Racing, they are developing a 600cc vtwin 2 stroke specifically for a snowbike. 113hp ..

That looks promising. The 500 KTM single is pretty cool too.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Very similar to the 600HO SnowHawk I had for a few years, great fun machines in the right conditions, pretty much suck on the trail.

Try a Yeti ski on one , you'll be grinding your knees on the corners .

yooper01

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2014
http://2smokin.com/brc-racings-500cc-two-stroke-kit-for-ktms/

1/4 of the way down the page states that they were working hand in hand with timbersled on bringing to market a purpose built snowbike with the 600cc 2stroke. When Polaris bought timbersled they were left out in the cold. I would not be surprised if Poo is going to come to market with something similar.
So your saying that the exo sled people are brc?

I checked that link and saw no mention of a single ski kit for a sled.....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

zecow224

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2018
Wisconsin
So your saying that the exo sled people are brc?

I checked that link and saw no mention of a single ski kit for a sled.....

No, BRC was working hand in hand with Timbersled (Pre Buyout) on making a dedicated snowbike. Probably using a roller bike straight from the factory and then dropping the BRC engine and timbersled kit in and selling them as there own. Or they could have designed a whole chassis themselves and had planned to bring that to market.

yooper01

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2014
No, BRC was working hand in hand with Timbersled (Pre Buyout) on making a dedicated snowbike. Probably using a roller bike straight from the factory and then dropping the BRC engine and timbersled kit in and selling them as there own. Or they could have designed a whole chassis themselves and had planned to bring that to market.
I guess I'm just confused on why you dropped that link here. I brought an old thread back to see if anyone had heard from the original poster.... Had nothing to do with timbersled or BRC

zecow224

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2018
Wisconsin
I cant copy the link but if you are on Facebook, search for BRC Racing, they are developing a 600cc vtwin 2 stroke specifically for a snowbike. 113hp ..
I guess I'm just confused on why you dropped that link here. I brought an old thread back to see if anyone had heard from the original poster.... Had nothing to do with timbersled or BRC

This is why it was brought up.

800tundra

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Dapp, Alberta
Thats exactly what I think, A V twin injected electric start 2 stroke sub 300lb with kit installed. You could easily tuck another 500cc cylinder in the area provided with a kit on a bike. and suck air the way the YZ does maybe?

90c16729e348e78569eb6139c02cdb3b.jpg
6edd1c37b7913f83443a3840bc2880ff.jpg
09e3dd11e33acdafd28df40bad323e09.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium Features