• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Replace worn track clips or get new track?

A

AbnRangerM7

Nov 22, 2008
Michigan
The track clips are shot on my 153" Camoplast 2.25" track on my M7.
What's everyone think? Should I upgrade to a new track or replace the track clips? I don't have a tool to crimp the clips so that would have to be included in the clip replacement cost. The track is still in pretty good shape and none of the lugs are missing. What track would you recommend for a replacement?

Thanks!

S
Feb 21, 2009
tuff

Tracks are amazingly tuff just run it, put on scratchers if you don't have them. You will be suprised how long they last, how many miles??

A

AbnRangerM7

Nov 22, 2008
Michigan
Only about a 1000 miles on the track. I run ice scratchers any time the trail is hard pack and they work well because my hyfax last a long time and don't over heat. I'm surprised the clips wore out as fast as they did.

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Reclip it if you like it. Price around. I had my power claw fully cliped (added every other one) for around $100. They have air clippers and get them all clamped the same and straight.
I had a powerclaw on my M7 and went back to the stock track. It trenched too much. If I were to do it again I would try the CE.

Premium Features