• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PCV Map Database

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I am looking for a PCV map for a 2009 Polaris EFI4 Assault/Dragon 800. I have the update but am still using the 2009 Flash. I eventually plan on getting an auto-tune done with the PCV but am looking at some other maps. I also have a modded pipe (similar to Bikerman) and a high compression head. Anyone want to share some of their maps. If you need a host for the file, you can e-mail me:
milehighassassin at gmail dot com
I'll host the file for your and share it on here. Please include your sled info, mods, temp, what kind of fuel you run, etc.

I know Jim has some maps on his site but I am looking more for people that have other maps or have changed their maps for their needs. Figured this would be a good resource for everyone.

Maps so far:
2009 Polaris Dragon built using auto-tune (SLP Single, SLP Intake) (SCARTER)
2005 Arctic Cat M7 with SLP Twins (Scarter) Read the following about this map:
Here is a copy of the M7 SLP twins map that I built. The map worked well but right before I sold the sled I found out that it had an "Injector perfector" one of those fuel restrictors that went in the fuel line to reduce fuel flow. So this map may be a little rich for the sleds that don't have the fuel restrictor but should still run good, just a little safer.

Last edited:
T

tahoermk

Nov 26, 2007
Tahoe
great idea

Thanks milehigh,
It would be great to have PC 5 map data base, I am getting one and would love to see what others are running and have this info in one spot.

S

scarter

Jan 13, 2009
Belgrade, MT
I think this is a great idea for people that have unique setups like the modified pipe, modifies intakes, or mix and match parts from diffrent companies.

I have one that I made for the SLP twin pipes on the 2005 M7. The map is on my other computer so I'll have to post it later.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I think it would be a great idea, and a lot of help for people looking for a base map. Obviously exact mods, temps and elevation will change them a bit. Again, if anyone has ANY map, e-mail it to me:

Milehighassassin at gmail dot com

I will host it on a server and share it on here for all to have.

R

rigrat

Apr 19, 2008
Alberta
Good day. Can someone post the SLP map for their 08 M1000 with updates. Thanks. I have Racinstations map on my M1000 but would prefer to let Racinstation post his own map if he likes. Thanks.

S

scarter

Jan 13, 2009
Belgrade, MT
Milehighassassin and I both agreed that we would not post other companies maps. This map data base is just for maps that are of your own creation.:face-icon-small-hap

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
Yes, I think anything that would help people.

Isn't the AFR table attached to the map?

The short answer is no....unfortunately when one is building maps using an Autotune one must build an AFR first and that is the trick...maps are easy, AFRs are not. Each company will have their AFR that will have a certain measure of safety, where I might not worry as much...for example I'm setting my AFR based on 92 octane, 40/1 pre-mix, no ethenol (that's worth a few % on fuel alone) and fuel from the same supplier. I run EGT's so I can see if things are going sideways. Now others will build AFRs that will be safer, will allow for ethenol fuel etc.....what might work for me might be too lean for others so theres a risk in using other peoples maps and as long as people are willing to take the risk life is good. SLP, SW, racinstation will all have maps that work based on their AFRs and level of comfort and safety and one can see these differences in the opening post. As long as everyone is aware of the pros and cons.........

S

scarter

Jan 13, 2009
Belgrade, MT
The short answer is no....unfortunately when one is building maps using an Autotune one must build an AFR first and that is the trick...maps are easy, AFRs are not. Each company will have their AFR that will have a certain measure of safety, where I might not worry as much...for example I'm setting my AFR based on 92 octane, 40/1 pre-mix, no ethenol (that's worth a few % on fuel alone) and fuel from the same supplier. I run EGT's so I can see if things are going sideways. Now others will build AFRs that will be safer, will allow for ethenol fuel etc.....what might work for me might be too lean for others so theres a risk in using other peoples maps and as long as people are willing to take the risk life is good. SLP, SW, racinstation will all have maps that work based on their AFRs and level of comfort and safety and one can see these differences in the opening post. As long as everyone is aware of the pros and cons.........

Cvhriste made some good points. These maps were setup on a sled and tested to be within the safety range of the person doing the mapping. When you are running someone else’s map it is always a good idea to check your piston wash and plug color to confirm the state of tune. AFR or EGT can also aid in checking the state of tune. If you install a map from this database you are responsible for the results be it good or bad. Remember fuel quality is something that needs to be watched when you are striving for max performance. Pay attention to your detonation sensor light and you can avoid a lot of problems.

With that being said I think you will find that the power commander maps transfer well from sled to sled. The maps are also less sensitive to elevation and temperature changes than other tuning solutions.

If a map was built with autotune the target AFR table will be attached in the map (see the Polaris dragon map above) You will notice that I did not have autotune enabled below clutch engagement, and not at WOT. Anytime you have a 0 for target AFR, autotune will ignore these cells and not tune there.

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Some Polaris Maps: remove the ".doc" before reading into Dynojet program. All these maps are for low elevation except where noted. The 70-216xxx maps are alternate versions of SLP's map from last year. I really like the way they do their map. The water temp enrich map needs the coolant temp analog hooked up to the PCV. This gets rid of the cold lean hiccup in a 700. I use the autotune but I also datalog and spend a lot of time reading the AFR on the dash to tune. On 800's, you'll find a stupid "lean" spot at 20% throttle and 5500-6000 - be careful as you probably don't need all that fuel there if the autotune added over 20%. If you don't get myopic here, then you will be able to dial things in faster. In general, just proceed like you are jetting a carb - get WOT fuel dialed to a safe AFR and then look at enhancing part throttle issues. I think I calculated that a 0.5 AFR change at WOT on a 800 is about a 2 jet size change so that gives you a reference when changing fueling values. YMMV.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2138565&postcount=123

Attachments

• Copy of 70-216A modified with Sled Werx part throttle values.pvm.doc
    2.2 KB · Views: 237
  • Copy of 70-216A warm weather.pvm.doc
    2.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Copy of bigfuse_SLP_jumperconnected_15below.pvm.doc
    2.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Copy of dtD7stockEx.pvm.doc
    2.3 KB · Views: 124
  • Copy of 800 conservative map for elevation.pvm.doc
    2.2 KB · Views: 347
  • Copy of 70-216A modified 3% leaner down low.pvm.doc
    2.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Copy of 700 autotune v1_5 4 inj maps 66grams water temp enrich.pvm.doc.doc
    3.1 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
I dont get why mapping info seems to be so sacred around here. I know it is fairly new to the sled industry for now. But from what i've seen tons of guys have maps, along with different aftermarket companies, yet it seems like few are actually posted up.

I'm used to the motorcycle side of things with PC's, where anyone can find countless maps available, and almost ALL of them at no cost.

In that side of things, it's not a $ making scheme, it's more of a "try it, you'll find why mines better"

Does anyone else think like me? If I pay $ to have a custom map built, or flat out buy one, I'll post them all day long sharing. Everyone here know's that what works great for me, won't for the next guy. But it helps get things close.

R

rigrat

Apr 19, 2008
Alberta
I will not post a map someone else made for me but once i install my auto tune etc, i will be more than happy to post my map. I think some people may worry a little bit about posting a map which causes someone else to burn their sled down. A little common sense will go a long ways. Merry Christmas:smow:

T

tjmcc

Feb 27, 2009
Fort Mcmurray, Alberta, Canada
Some Polaris Maps: remove the ".doc" before reading into Dynojet program. All these maps are for low elevation except where noted. The 70-216xxx maps are alternate versions of SLP's map from last year. I really like the way they do their map. The water temp enrich map needs the coolant temp analog hooked up to the PCV. This gets rid of the cold lean hiccup in a 700. I use the autotune but I also datalog and spend a lot of time reading the AFR on the dash to tune. On 800's, you'll find a stupid "lean" spot at 20% throttle and 5500-6000 - be careful as you probably don't need all that fuel there if the autotune added over 20%. If you don't get myopic here, then you will be able to dial things in faster. In general, just proceed like you are jetting a carb - get WOT fuel dialed to a safe AFR and then look at enhancing part throttle issues. I think I calculated that a 0.5 AFR change at WOT on a 800 is about a 2 jet size change so that gives you a reference when changing fueling values. YMMV.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2138565&postcount=123

Is it possible to list what reflash people are running these maps with. Can make a huge difference as well. Im looking for a new map for a full SLP pipe and power commander but I can't seem to find one. The SLP map is awesome in the top end but dead in the middle. Anyone have a low elevation map they can share with me same setup that works good?

Premium Features