• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW TUNNEL CONCEPT FOR THE 2007 -2010 RMK'S w/pics... WHAT DO YOU THINK?

C
Dec 1, 2007
I like it, what sort of final weight difference does it make, and in the picture it looks like it goes up to the chain case, or is that just a part of the tunnel for mock up. So you just jack up the sled unbolt the skid lay this setup over it, then cut out the remaining old tunnel and rivet it on?? Thanks

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I was shooting more for running boards that have more of the Boondocker function.

But I guess there are production & cost constraints.

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

Last edited:
H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
Erik, So is the 800 dollar kit like the one on Allen's sled or like the proto pics? If like the proto whats the deal with the 2 sides being different? On the left side the rear portion has cutouts and also the running board side. It also looks like there are no running boards on the left side yet. Fill me in on the situation as I really like the idea and the way allens sled looks. Thanks

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Sorry bout that... didnt mean to confuse people... the above pics are an example of the kit for $800...I removed the pix of the sled with the full replacement VE tunnel on it.

Both the sides are the same... one has the running boards mounted to a stock tunnel side that was removed from the stock tunnel. This was for display purposes only.

You don't remove the tunnel sides to install this kit.

Comes with both sides with the bumper and flap hanger welded to them (not bolt on as previously stated), both running boards, running board edge, and rivet kit with driver.

F

fraufarm

Nov 27, 2007
North Dakota
its better than stock but still not quite what i was thinking...
i mean since everything is getting cut off (running boards, some of the tail) already, and they are going through the work designing it, why not make it more like a boondock?
i guess i understand they cant make it look completely like a full tunnel but it has to have that 'look'. i mean look at the m-series tail section.
shorten up the boards and give it that angle in the back of the boards, and give it that huge drop bracket with the cutouts as well as the back thin, narrow tail
Now all it looks like is a stock tunnel with a big piece of aluminum riveted to the sides with a new edge and a bit wider boards. i feel that is not worth $800.
my .02

what i dont understand is with this kit it looks to me like its just a wide running board kit with a bumper kit for 150$extra
what will this do for sled performance for boondocking besides having wider running boards and when u get stuck a bumper that sits a couple inches higher???
u would get the same affect with the bumper kit and wide running board kit and then making your own drop brackets? and save 150$$
i think we need to see it installed, but i do like the look it will give if it was powder coated black

Last edited:
H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
The more that I look at this the more I agree with the earlier posters that there is not much bennefit to going with the whole kit versus just buying the wide running board kit for $300 and the bumper for $189. The only difference I can see is that the whole kit gives you a little bling on the footwell sides and a riveter and some rivets. I would gladly pay the money for the kit if it looked more like a boondock tunnel. I was really hoping that Eric's drawing were going to be close to what the final product was. That way it seperates from the other cheaper options available. THis is just my opinion and in no way a put down to VE I think that they are on the right track and making awesome products for us sledders. Keep up the good work!!

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
The more that I look at this the more I agree with the earlier posters that there is not much bennefit to going with the whole kit versus just buying the wide running board kit for $300 and the bumper for $189. The only difference I can see is that the whole kit gives you a little bling on the footwell sides and a riveter and some rivets. I would gladly pay the money for the kit if it looked more like a boondock tunnel. I was really hoping that Eric's drawing were going to be close to what the final product was. That way it seperates from the other cheaper options available. THis is just my opinion and in no way a put down to VE I think that they are on the right track and making awesome products for us sledders. Keep up the good work!!

I agree 100% VE is an awsome company that has treated us sledders very well in the past and I'm sure they will in the future. ;)

M

minecat

Nov 27, 2007
Winnemucca, Nevada
I think you guys are forgetting that the polaris tunnel has the cooler built into it and runs the whole length of it to get the kick up like the boondock tunnel you would need to redo the cooler as well, and then the price would go up as well I say if you want a boondock tunnel then buy one and replace the whole thing, with that said what I would like to see VE do is a complete tunnel side replacement like CR does so when the sides get bent we have aother option I had this happen on the last ride last year and bought the CR sides to replace the bent or buckled ones. If VE would have had something like that on the market I with out a doubt would have went that way instead.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
I think you guys are forgetting that the polaris tunnel has the cooler built into it and runs the whole length of it to get the kick up like the boondock tunnel you would need to redo the cooler as well, and then the price would go up as well I say if you want a boondock tunnel then buy one and replace the whole thing, with that said what I would like to see VE do is a complete tunnel side replacement like CR does so when the sides get bent we have aother option I had this happen on the last ride last year and bought the CR sides to replace the bent or buckled ones. If VE would have had something like that on the market I with out a doubt would have went that way instead.

have you installed your cr's yet? does chad send any info with them now or hardware to put them together? mine came with nothing, and were a royal pain in the @ss to install. not to mention the cut outs in the rear line up perfectly so your stock suspension bracket wont work. good luck on yours hope his kits are better designed now.

Premium Features