• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel Shovel Holder or tunnel bag for shovel?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I have a small shovel in my avy pack but, I would also like to mount one on the tunnel of my sled. I am thinking about doing this for easy shovel access and to eliminate having to take off and dig into my avy pack whenever someone in the group (or I) am buried.

I do have mountain addiction rails on my sled, however I don't recall ever seeing a shovel mount option for their rails. Does anyone have a nice clean way to mount a shovel and handle on the tunnel that is easy on and easy off yet very secure?

Last edited:
K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
The mountain addiction bag has a shovel mount built in. I do exactly as you want with one on the bag and one in my pack.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
There's an arctic cat tunnel bag that will hold a shovel I think. It looked a little big to me though when I was looking at them

Sent from my telephone

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I am envisioning a clip type holder like the ones used to hang shovels on a wall, and drill a small hole in the top of clip so a safety pin can be inserted.

Or, maybe a few L shaped pieces made from a strong plastic or aluminum, drill a small hole for a safety pin. Two pieces at each end of shovel.. They would be back/back, drop the shovel handle between them and install clip to secure. Could glue a piece of closed cell foam at the bottom so it is compressed a little before installing clip to help prvent rattling around.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Good ideas guys!

I removed my factory tunnel mounted (limited) bag and measured between the back of the seat and a gas can mounted on the Mountain Addiction rack. I have 22" maximum between the two and up to 7" high and 15" wide maximum. I was thinking if I bought a bag that fit that area I could put a shovel and bunch of other stuff in there and ditch the factory bag.

So a long fairly flat bag would work well too. Is there such a bag?

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I have the cat shovel bag on my proclimb, I don't remember the measurements off hand but it's only like 3" deep and has flap with buckle on top to secure shovel

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
I have the bag that came stock with the 11' limited's and it has a ton of space. Between that and under the seat I have more than enough room.

Premium Features