• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Summit X temp gauge

W
Jan 13, 2008
Hey guys,

I have a 2009 summit X. My question is whether or not it should have a variable temp gauge on the gauge pack? I have a 2013 summit X as well and I can watch as the temp climbs (bars that indicate temp). Not sure if it is supposed to have this option or not. The user manual just states that it is not a factory installed option and to talk to the dealer. I thought this was a factory option that came with the Xs, whereas the Everest just had a temp light that would come on if it got too hot.

If it does have a temp gauge, where is the temp being measure at? Is there any way to tell if it does have this option. Ran it all last night and never once saw any bars on the gauge to indicate temp.

Thanks!

L
May 15, 2009
I believe it shows on the left side of your gauge in bars. Don't know where the temp is being taken from, possibly on the head?

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Mountain View, Wyoming 82939
My 09 summitX doesn't have a temp gauge or even show temp bars. It only has a dummy light that comes on when it is at melt down stage. The sensor is in the back of the cylinder head. There is an extra module you can purchase that will allow the gauge to read temps if you want though.

Premium Features