• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spot Device

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
Thinking about getting a Spot device. Any suggestions to which one and why? Been thinking about it for the past year or so, but now I think I will pull the trigger on the purchase. Thanks in advance.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Do your homework, I had a spot for several years and stooped using it as it took too long to send messages out. I now use inreach se and messages are sent in under a minute and you can two text or email from anywhere in the world,no black out spots....basically spot has 32 satellites and inreach uses iridium which has 68 plus doubling that in the next two year...it cost a bit more but worth it for the usage of it...

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
Do your homework, I had a spot for several years and stooped using it as it took too long to send messages out. I now use inreach se and messages are sent in under a minute and you can two text or email from anywhere in the world,no black out spots....basically spot has 32 satellites and inreach uses iridium which has 68 plus doubling that in the next two year...it cost a bit more but worth it for the usage of it...

Thanks for the info. This is exactly what I am looking for.

Pgritton

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2009
Soda Springs
www.pgoutdoors.com
I too have an opinion here. I have both. My wife carries the spot and I carry the Inreach SE. By far the INreach is a better product and has far more functionality. It does cost more but, you can communicate back and forth, plus the app for smart phones is very cool and speeds the commo process up tremendously. Way thumbs up for me on the Inreach!

Premium Features