• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First Ski-doo - a few changes?

F
May 18, 2011
Iowa
So I finally switched to a ski doo, i purchased a 2012 ski doo summit x 800r.

Had a few questions on how to do some things.

First, I want to change the injection oil to Klotz, whats the best method of switching over? Sucking it all out of the tank and pour in the klotz? run it almost out? any help would be appreciated!

Also, am aiming to purchase a big wheel kit for it aswell. Is this easily doable by myself or best taking it somewhere for installation? Thanks!

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
So I finally switched to a ski doo, i purchased a 2012 ski doo summit x 800r.

Had a few questions on how to do some things.

First, I want to change the injection oil to Klotz, whats the best method of switching over? Sucking it all out of the tank and pour in the klotz? run it almost out? any help would be appreciated!

Also, am aiming to purchase a big wheel kit for it aswell. Is this easily doable by myself or best taking it somewhere for installation? Thanks!
For changing oil I would just suck out old oil with a turkey baster and add new oil. For the big wheel kit it is up to your mechanical ability. If u have general hand tools it can easily be done. Otherwise have a friend help u with it. Definitely wouldn't recommend paying someone to do it.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

F
May 18, 2011
Iowa
For changing oil I would just suck out old oil with a turkey baster and add new oil. For the big wheel kit it is up to your mechanical ability. If u have general hand tools it can easily be done. Otherwise have a friend help u with it. Definitely wouldn't recommend paying someone to do it.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Thats what i figured, i cant find many intstructions online anywhere on how to do it is my only problem. Also a lot of the kits online are only partial kits and cant find anything thats a complete kit. If you or anyone knows of a good site i could check out that would be awesome, thanks

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
How much oil is in it, better yet if your switching oils why worry about sucking anything out just add and go, it's not going to hurt anything. As for the 2 wheel kit lots of company's sell them and they come with pretty nice directions and lots of pictures. SLP, bd-xtreme, TKI, Tom's snowmobile shop, and I'm sure many more out there all make good kits.
Do some searching on here and there are many threads that people have made them from the stock set up with nice pictures and write up on them.

F
May 18, 2011
Iowa
How much oil is in it, better yet if your switching oils why worry about sucking anything out just add and go, it's not going to hurt anything. As for the 2 wheel kit lots of company's sell them and they come with pretty nice directions and lots of pictures. SLP, bd-xtreme, TKI, Tom's snowmobile shop, and I'm sure many more out there all make good kits.
Do some searching on here and there are many threads that people have made them from the stock set up with nice pictures and write up on them.

Thankyou! So ive been looking around and so far im liking this kit. I really shouldnt need anything other than this kit if i wish to do this, correct? https://www.itekindustries.ca/us/wh...t.html#/manufacturer-ski_doo/color-light_blue

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Congratulations on your purchase.

Some things you should consider adding:

T-Motion

Clutching

HPS can.

Rebuild the shocks.

BW kit might be cool to look at but will not get u any higher on the hill.

SledHead racing is your one stop shop for all things summit/SkiDoo. We have been doing Doo for over 20 years and we Doo them well.

Last edited:
F
May 18, 2011
Iowa
Congratulations on your purchase.

Some things you should consider adding:

T-Motion

Clutching

HPS can.

Rebuild the shocks.

BW kit might be cool to look at but will not get u any higher on the hill.

SledHead racing is your one stop shop for all things summit/SkiDoo. We have been doing Doo for over 20 years and we Doo them well.

Ive been looking into the tmotion upgarde. If im looking to get a BW kit and the tmotion upgrade, and the tmotion kit comes with a 2wheel, do i still need to buy a seprate 2wheel kit? I found a local dealer that sells TKI so i was going to go with that. It has a bikeman can on it already! And as far as clutching, what would be the best route for upgrade? I live in iowa so will be mostly ditch banging but the occasional trip to the hills!

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Ive been looking into the tmotion upgarde. If im looking to get a BW kit and the tmotion upgrade, and the tmotion kit comes with a 2wheel, do i still need to buy a seprate 2wheel kit? I found a local dealer that sells TKI so i was going to go with that. It has a bikeman can on it already! And as far as clutching, what would be the best route for upgrade? I live in iowa so will be mostly ditch banging but the occasional trip to the hills!

For mostly flatland use you may not want the T-Motion. The 12's do handle pretty good without it, especially for how you plan to use it.

You do not need to buy a separate 2 wheel kit if you buy the T-motion.

TKI makes top notch stuff. Not a fan of the Bikeman can. We recommend the Dynoport trail can or an HPS. These are proven cans and not too loud to close any trails.

SledHead Racing is in Minnesota, just north of the cities. Give John a call and pick his brain, he will get you the clutching and gearing that best suits your needs without having to buy a "kit" full of parts you may not need.

Premium Features