• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What happens to the throttle safety switch when using an aftermarket throttle block?

sledr900

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
WSS, MT
Just as the title says. What do you do with the throttle safety switch when using and aftermarket throttle block? I know the kill switch can just be unplugged or relocated, but what happens to the sensor in the stock throttle block?

A
I electrical taped my switch closed. Really thinking back on it I would THINK you could jump the two wire together and that would actually work better.
For some reason when I hooked up the switch my Fly kill switch stopped working. When the safety switch was unhooked the kill switch worked fine. I need to look into it more I suppose

R
Nov 28, 2007
*dont jump the switch connection or leave it unplugged it will go in limp mode*

You have to leave it plugged in and tape the switch because its a variable resistance switch. I measured resistance on it and open is 2.4k ohms and pushed in is 6.8k ohms. You could try unplugging it and replacing it with a 6.8k resistor.

FYI it is a good idea to put dielectric grease on the connector plug for the switch. Getting moisture in this connector will throw off the resistance reading and put it in limp mode.

Premium Features