• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 cranks

A

ArcticJunkie

Mar 16, 2009
Nashwauk, MN
I've got a 09 M8 HCR with about a 1000 miles on it. I'm thinking of getting my crank shaved. I can get that shaved, welded, and balanced for around 400 bucks. He takes off about a pound. But here is my other option I can get a rebilt '10 crank for 500 bucks n they are like 3 or 4 pounds lighter. I've been told that they fit. But then I would probably get that welded and balanced before I put it in. What do you guys think I should do. I'm kinda leaning to the '10 cause then I could always sell mine n get some money back :face-icon-small-hah

A

ArcticJunkie

Mar 16, 2009
Nashwauk, MN
I was never told that I needed one so thats what I'm going by i guess? mmsports I know that you guys build a lot of these sleds what do you think?

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Light weight crank.

Speedwerx has a light weight crank if that is what you are after but if you are doing it to make your current better spend your money somewhere that will better benefit you. Porting,Pipe light weight parts you crank is solid and does not need beefed up.

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Yeah I'm kinda confused too. Why would you want to do that? If its performance you want then go turbo or at least a pipe set up. Or just sink $500 bucks into your clutches and you will get way more performance for your buck. You could try teflon coating the hood and skis for less snow and wind resistance while your at it LOL!!! Sorry but it had to be said. LOL!!

S

skimike

Dec 21, 2009
bakersfield
Im with mm sports unless you are racing I wouldnt mess with the crank there are better places to spend money without compromising durability.

A

ArcticJunkie

Mar 16, 2009
Nashwauk, MN
I have a speedwerx pipe, rktek head, porting, and bd box. I'm looking for some more power. I drove my buddies '10 M8 and just liked how much faster it reved and got into the power it seemed with the lighter crank so thats why I was looking in to that. I know one of you said a turbo n man would I love that but there a lil spendy n I don't know how good that would work for riding here in MN and out west.

Premium Features