• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

flipped sled on side now idles high

D
Jan 1, 2008
I flipped my 07 M1000 on its side today when i hit a hard drift, landed kinda hard on the throttle side of the bars. Took along time to get it started again, now it idles at about 3400 rpm!?!?! what could the problem be? it doesn't look like the throttle cable got pulled or anything like that, any suggestions?

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
The hard starting was probably due to the idle validation switch being jambed with snow. The high idle could be from ice and snow being packed into your cable or between the flipper and the rest. Have you looked at the throttle bodies to see if you have any loose cable? You should be able to push the cable sideways just a little without it moving the throttle plates.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Check to see if your carb(s) slipped out of the engine boot(s). Happened to me on my 7, caused high ideal and obviously ran lean. At first glance it wasn't that apparent. Good way to blow an engine. Keep us posted on what you find. Good luck.

Premium Features