• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why is Ski-Doo the only forum with a ton of sub forums?

D
Jul 4, 2001
Central Alberta, Canada
As the title says....?

AC can have Trail, Thundercat, M class, F class, 1M class, utility, green class, orange class, etc,etc

Poo can have Ultra, XLT, Indy, 3 cylinder, trail, utility, Edge, Dragon, 900, etc, etc,etc

Yam can have natural aspirated, turbo 4st, supercharge 4st, turbo 2st, 3 cylinder, 4 cylinder, Viper, Mountain Max, Phazer, etc,etc

Why only Doo Doo all split up?

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
seems easier to me.if your looking for say xp mods,fixes or ect.bam,your there.no more looking through 15 pages of other stuff:)

MtnMaxMod

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2008
N. Idaho
pretty sure they are testing the server load for now to see what all can be done with out over-loading the server before the go ahead and add anything else.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
GOOD QUESTION.

I choose the Ski-Doo brand as our TEST BED to see what would work best.

Knowing full well that there would be a degree of "Hell to pay" for changing things, I didn't want to have to deal with ALL of the sled forums at the same time.

Once things have settled down, and the new format has been determined, it will be implimented in ALL of the sled forums!

So sit back and know that YOUR brand forum will get all the same love and attention as the Ski-Doo forum has in another week or so.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
As the title says....?

AC can have Trail, Thundercat, M class, F class, 1M class, utility, green class, orange class, MONSTER DECAL CLASS etc,etc

Poo can have Ultra, XLT, Indy, 3 cylinder, trail, utility, Edge, Dragon, 900, etc, etc,etc

Yam can have natural aspirated, turbo 4st, supercharge 4st, turbo 2st, 3 cylinder, 4 cylinder, Viper, Mountain Max, Phazer, etc,etc

Why only Doo Doo all split up?

fixed it for ya.:beer;:beer;

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Yuck! Hate it. Sorry, but putting 6 sub forums on a forum that gets like 10 different topics posted a day is rediculous. I now click on more forum titles to get in to them than actually threads that I want to read.

Why is the minutiae a good thing? If I'm a Polaris or Doo follower and I want to quickly see all the posts in that area... well I can't, I now have to click on a sub forum that has maybe 1 post in it.

Sorry, no love on this one.

sled_guy

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
sledguy, I agree, I'm not liking it much either, and I'm liking it less since now there doesn't seem to be anywhere to post just general polaris questions (or any brand for that matter) And there is also nowhere to post or find some of the great iqr mountain threads we had before.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yuck! Hate it. Sorry, but putting 6 sub forums on a forum that gets like 10 different topics posted a day is rediculous. I now click on more forum titles to get in to them than actually threads that I want to read.

Why is the minutiae a good thing? If I'm a Polaris or Doo follower and I want to quickly see all the posts in that area... well I can't, I now have to click on a sub forum that has maybe 1 post in it.

Sorry, no love on this one.

sled_guy

Try this.
Go into your Sled Forum and click on BROWSE ALL.

That will let you see ALL the new posts with just ONE CLICK.

Premium Features