• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Canon Powershot sd890

F
Aug 5, 2001
Utah
The number changes according to the megapixel and how new it is but mine is the 890, its 10mp. Let me just say for a point and shoot this camera kicks arse! hardly ever a bad photo. Took a bunch of photos in low light yester and they all turned out good. The low light is where my other cameras would just fail. Ive gone through like 5 cameras before I finally just bought the Canon and this thing rips. Just thought I would put out the word for those looking for a point and shoot.

canon-powershot-sd890-is.jpg

pics from yester and one from sat:

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123941

jan1309 066.jpg

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
I have an older SD300 that I got like 5 years ago and I'm still happy with it, don't feel a need to upgrade yet.
I just learned a few features it has that I didn't know about which will come in handy for riding...like high speed video.:)
I'd advise going through the manual or you might go five years w/o knowing a cool feature you have.

Sled Idaho

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2002
McCall, Idaho
www.snowmobile-alliance.org
We bought a Canon SD1100 (8mp) w/ 2GB card for about $175 shipped off NewEgg.com a few months ago. It's a great camera, produces awesome images, and the rechargeable battery is typical Canon high quality. Well worth the price. We also have a Powershot G3 that is six years old and while it is "only" 4mp, it also takes amazing photos and has great battery life.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
M
Oct 15, 2001
Forest Lake, MN
I had a canon SD450 which was a great camera. It was dropped on the floor at the cabin and took its last lick and stopped working.

My girlfriend just got the SD1100 which is what I told her to get, and I think I am going to get the same one.

I was looking at the 790 and the 800+ units but it seems the only difference is megapixel. I don't plan on printing anything large so that isn't a deal breaker for me.

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
Can't go wrong with any of the Canon cameras.

I agree,

I was going to upgrade the SD400 but not sure a newer more expensive camera can really do much better to the naked eye???????? I am just about to buy another Canon SD400 since last trip out i dropped mine on the ceramic floor of cabin and busted it wide open...that is one place the ole Canon cant hold up! (user stupidity) This will make 3 cameras DOA from sledding. Two impacts to chest and was in front pocket and one cabin floor.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Costco.com runs a special on the canon cameras where you get the camera and a memory card for a good price. I just bought my second A590... the first one my 5 year old decided he needed to wash in the sink after getting pumpkin carving juice all over it at Halloween.

It's a great camera, takes decent video even. And best of all it uses 2 AA batteries, no proprietary battery pack.

sled_guy

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
I have had my SD800is for about 2yrs.Almost never takes a bad shot,fits in my pocket and the battery lasts forever.The Image stabilization is the key as its easy to shake while taking a pic

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Canon all the way. Used to be an HP fan till I got a bad one and switched over to a Canon Power Shot A570IS.
I've actually had people PM me and ask what I'm shooting my pics with.

Looking forward to upgrading again after reading this.;)

Last edited:
Premium Features