• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Air Temp Sensor

S
Nov 30, 2007
Hector, MN
06 M7 BB Twin Pipes with Pure Logic Box

Last season I was pulling too warm of air through my airbox and it was putting my sled into limp mode. I know other people have had this problem and was wondering what the solution was? I moved the sensor lower on the airbox my last trip which helped but it was also a cooler trip. Let me know what you have done to prevent this problem.

M
Nov 26, 2007
billings, MT
06 M7 BB Twin Pipes with Pure Logic Box

Last season I was pulling too warm of air through my airbox and it was putting my sled into limp mode. I know other people have had this problem and was wondering what the solution was? I moved the sensor lower on the airbox my last trip which helped but it was also a cooler trip. Let me know what you have done to prevent this problem.

kind of rudimentary but pack snow around it. some wiseman taught me this trick.;):D

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
the pl box has a feature that eliminates the air temp sensor as an imput to the ecu....call travis or garr at pl for an explaination of how to do it....this will work well if you have an egt to monitor the exhaust, it will require you to manually add/subtract fuel according to the days' condition, but once set you will be good for those conditions....as an additional note, the temp sensor is very sensitive to moisture, either liquid or snow, either of which will give erroneous imputs, and cause running problems....if you want you can also take the sensor out of the air box, dry it thoroughly, tape it completely so no moisture can get in and wire tie it back behind the oil bottle....you won't have automatic fuel adjustments, but you can add/subtract what you need

C
Nov 28, 2007
I have a 06 700 RMK and I have the same problem. I just found out this week that my water temperature sensor (I think that is what it is called) is busted! Someone told me that this could be the problem. The computer thinks the engine is too hot and sends the sled into limbo. We'll see if it works.

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
air temp sensor

I was running a ET900 on a m7 and I was using a PL box and travis told me to just unplug it and run without it hooked up

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Move that sensor to yer right side of the air box and use di electric grease in the elctrical male/female connection. Even moisture can set this sensor off. If you have pipe mods to yer sled the donuts can wear out and exhaust leaks can blow heat right on this sensor. Try moving it to start.

P
Nov 26, 2007
The air temp sensor sends an ohms reading to the ECU depending on air temp. Look in a Cat manual for the ohms spec at 32 or 30 or 25 degress of air temp and go to radio shack and buy a resistor of the same value, plug it in and heat shrink it and you should be good to go. Just make the adjustments on the control box for your current riding conditions.

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
are you running the factory air box or a mod or something else. I run a mod air box on my xfire and when I did the side vents i used the piece of heat shield stuff (the silver almost cardboard like material) I formed it to fit in front of the pipe and behind the airbox so it creates a little wall to deflect the heat away from the airbox. it actually made a big difference in the runnability of the sled in deep snow by keeping air temp more consistent.

Premium Features