• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Subscription Instant Email Notification(s)

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
My email notification has slowed down drastically on the threads I've subscribed to or Pm's I have been sent. Sometimes as long a delay as 1 or 2 days after the post or PM.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
My email notification has slowed down drastically on the threads I've subscribed to or Pm's I have been sent. Sometimes as long a delay as 1 or 2 days after the post or PM.

I notified Christopher of this also (less than a week after the "Server Upgrade") but have yet to see any resolution to the issue. He may be working on it but from my end it seems to have fallen on the deaf ears of Harris Publishing. FWIW

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
any updates? i have not been on the forum much over the summer, so i dont know when the problem started......but i have posted in a few threads and even got a PM in the past couple days. i did not receive any email notification like i had in the past.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This one is a bear.
The notices are so random on the time basis, that we have had a very hard time duplicating it.

Still trying to chase it down though.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
Just got the notification in tapatalk for your response in this thread. I won't get an email for another day or two.... Maybe not at all

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I've been getting PM notification emails on PMs that I got more than a week ago.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just made a change to how the internal e-mail system handles traffic.
This MIGHT make an impact.
Will have to wait to hear back from some of you.

Should shorten the time delay in getting messages processed and sent out from the server.

But we are uncertain as to HOW MUCH it will impact.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
I will never complain about a forum I use because they are mostly all free if you choose not to pay. But in this case where you pretty much force people to pay if they want to use it...... I will complain. 30 min delays are fine. 2 day delays are not fine

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I will never complain about a forum I use because they are mostly all free if you choose not to pay. But in this case where you pretty much force people to pay if they want to use it...... I will complain. 30 min delays are fine. 2 day delays are not fine
Have you seen ANY changes in the last 12 hours?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Some seem to come straight thru, although I'm still getting notifications for posts made many days ago as well. Likely not much help, in your effort to diagnose the root issue/s at hand.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
I received two pm notifications today that were probably at least 5 days old. I am subscribed to this thread yet have never gotten any notification of replies.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
Again, I just got the notification for this thread instantly. Whatever Chris did is working on my end

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
im back to not getting notifications again. tapatalk is notifying my phone of them, but i get nothing in my email

Premium Features