• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST: New "THANKS" system

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Last night we installed the new "THANKS" module.

Now, in the bottom right corner of every post is a new button labeled THANKS.

When you click on this button, your name will be appended to the post showing the author that you approve of the post or appreciate the content.

Each time some clicks on THANKS, the author is awarded 1 rep point as well.

While this method does not convey as many points as using the scales icon, its much faster, and offers a visual representation of thread/post popularity.

When the new menu system goes online, you will also be able to search for threads based on MOST THANKS which will help you find the highest quality threads on a particular subject matter.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
so instead of the rep thread we are now going to have the thanked thread:rolleyes:WTF..........turn my off please.......BTW what will be the max number of thanks you can have?

images

if you don't like it you don't have to use it.:rose:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Christopher you give us wayyyyyy to much credit, to think that the thanks system will not be abused is just crazy!?!

Remove it soon before it gets outta control.....then just consider it lesson learned.

Last edited:
A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
I just realized there is no limit to the thanks one can dish out.
Where's the fun in that? !!;)

To go with the "Thanks" and "WTF" how about a "You're a dork" button?

Cristopher, Eventually this will slow down and some might even use it for what it is intended but you have got to realize that most people just want to talk with their fellow sledheads about their sleds, their rides and stuff and I think you're giving us too many things to search for and try to find.
Too much of a good thing is not always best.
The only way I can find if one of my questions was answered in a thread is to "Search" for my own user name and then look through all the threads I had any discussion in.

It's not as intuitive as it once was....

Now THANK ME>>>>>>>> :D :D :D :D :face-icon-small-hap

Chief

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT
Am I a judge now?

With all these new methods of showing appreciation or dislike I'm beginning to feel like a judge on "Snowest's got Talent" or "Idaho Idol"!!!

Thank you, thank you very much….

Premium Features