• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim Nac Pak...Who has one & what do you think

S
Nov 29, 2010
I am looking at buying a klim nac pak. I have a polaris pack now but it is too big and too much like a "school" backpack.
I am not intrerested in the bladder on the klim pack but I like the pocket for shovel and handle, goggle case, and tool pack.
I ride in Michigan so theres no need to carry my lunch as there is always a place to stop and I don't carry a bunch of extra clothing.
So I am looking for a smaller pack that will hold shovel, a few tools, snacks, goggles, flashlight, lighter, possibly thin fleece, and a few odds and ends.
It's got a pretty pricey tag for a pack so I would like to get some feedback on it if theres any out there.

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
I'm on my second season with my nacpak and I love it. You will not regret it

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
I really like that the tool pack is removable on the Klim packs.
I had a pack that I had to shove my tool pouch in the bottom of it.
Anytime I needed tools I had to unload everything and try to figure out how to keep it from falling in the snow.
I have the Krewpack and now if I need any of my tools I can just undo a clip and all my tools are available without unloading the rest of my stuff. That and it fits really nice and comfortable. You dont know its there while riding.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I had a hard time deciding between the Klim Nac Pack and Krew Pack. Ordered them both, knowing one would go back.

Both are great packs but the Krew was just a little to big for me. Plus my old North face pack was almost the same size as the Krew, so why have two packs the same size. I wanted something a little smaller, and compact that still handles the essentials so I went with the Nac Pack. I have not had a chance to use it yet but I think it's going to work great.

It's comfortable, and you barely feel it on your back, which is a big plus!!

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Krew pac here. Talked to alot of people on here and the Nac pack was just to small and the Krew pac was more comfortable when on your back for long period of time. It's like anything, personal opinion.

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
I got the nac pack a year or so ago, it was one of the only ones that came close to fitting me (still need to take the shoulder straps in more.) I really like it, don't even notice I'm wearing it most of the time. Just big enough to fit what I need in it.

The only thing I don't like it that the tool bag gets wet. The shovel is trapping some snow behind it, so after a ride I have to take it apart and get it dried out. I just don't store anything that shouldn't get wet in that pouch.

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
I am on my second season with mine. I really like how its small as well... I pack a probe, shovel, some tools, extra gloves, couple water bottles or bladder, some food, camera, and extra goggles. My stuff always stays dry and i like how the pack holds the shovel and my probe and there is a pocket for extra goggles... and the tool pouch is handy to take out if needed

Premium Features