• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Killing a Toyota.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
I dont know how many of you on this site watch top gear on BBC america if you do you have seen this for sure. If not this is definitely worth watching. Its unbelievable how tough this little truck is. The vehicle in
Question is a Toyota Hilux diesel. And after all this it still runs and moves under its own power.

Last edited:
X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
It can't be done ...........no wonder they cant import them anymore.

No kidding, god forbid we would have something like that over here.

If it can survive a 240 foot free fall what can stop it? It just reaffirms my opinion that diesel technology is what we should be focusing on. Gas and Ethanol and all that garbage is a waste of time.

You want to know why its tough and why it works... Because its simple... It has no emissions, no perks no frills and no BS. and they didnt over think it when they built it. It does exactly what its supposed to do in the simplest possible way.

For all the technology vehicles are supposed to have now days they get worse MPG and are harder to work on... Its kind of funny how we accept the simple fact that the ride is nicer even though the MPG is worse or stays the same. Yet as a whole the vehicle is not really any better than it was in 1978, and has less HP .. Some how to me that just doesnt add up.

Last edited:
Premium Features