• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EBC Update

S

SafetyBob

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 13, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
BD customers, there seems to be some confusion concerning the EBC update, mostly due to a lack of information, which should have been posted by me, I apologize for any inconvenience, and hope to clarify the questions and concerns presented.
First we have updated the programming to both simplify and improve functions, Second we are filling the EBC’s to prevent condensation from gathering on the inside of the EBC. If you want to send your EBC in immediately than follow the link, http://www.boondockers.com/ebc-rma-2.php make sure that you print two copies, one for your records and the other needs be sent with the EBC, once we receive the EBC it is usually a 1 day turnaround ( gel must set for 24 hrs.) Boondockers will cover the return shipping via UPS ground, if you need to arrange expedited shipping contact Boondockers at 1-208-542-4411. If you have any questions let me know, Thanks Diann.

S

snofoshow

Feb 16, 2009
BD customers, there seems to be some confusion concerning the EBC update, mostly due to a lack of information, which should have been posted by me, I apologize for any inconvenience, and hope to clarify the questions and concerns presented.
First we have updated the programming to both simplify and improve functions, Second we are filling the EBC’s to prevent condensation from gathering on the inside of the EBC. If you want to send your EBC in immediately than follow the link, http://www.boondockers.com/ebc-rma-2.php make sure that you print two copies, one for your records and the other needs be sent with the EBC, once we receive the EBC it is usually a 1 day turnaround ( gel must set for 24 hrs.) Boondockers will cover the return shipping via UPS ground, if you need to arrange expedited shipping contact Boondockers at 1-208-542-4411. If you have any questions let me know, Thanks Diann.

soooo, what exactly does this new and improved ebc do that the old one does not? Besides keep moisture out? I heard the alt cmp is different? Whats up

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
Push to Pass

Got mine back from the update and the push to pass won't work. Has anyone else seen this problem. Just wondering if I am missing something simple.
The button itself won't even cycle through the menu's so its not just that it won't add boost when I am on the button. It won't access the menu's either.
I've grown to love that button especially when I get myself in a sketchy situation. I would like to figure out how to get it back working.

Last edited:
T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
Got mine back from the update and the push to pass won't work. Has anyone else seen this problem. Just wondering if I am missing something simple.
The button itself won't even cycle through the menu's so its not just that it won't add boost when I am on the button. It won't access the menu's either.
I've grown to love that button especially when I get myself in a sketchy situation. I would like to figure out how to get it back working.

How does the push to pass button work. You use it like nitrous don't you, but how do ride while you keep a finger on the button? Isn't it mounted to the middle of your bars? Seems like that would be a pain rather that just have it push on, then push off setup.

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
How does the push to pass button work. You use it like nitrous don't you, but how do ride while you keep a finger on the button? Isn't it mounted to the middle of your bars? Seems like that would be a pain rather that just have it push on, then push off setup.

It is actually the same button BD uses for the nitrous kits. I mounted mine on the left handlebar right where I can press it with my thumb. You just hold it in and it adds however much boost you have it set to add as long as you are pushing the button. I have mine set to add 2lbs. It is nice because you can set your boost a little lower for most of your riding and then have the option to increase it when you need too just by hitting the button.
Since it didn't work this last time out I turned my boost a little higher. That did work but there were a couple of times that I wished I had it!

Premium Features