• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BD 07 D7 took out crank

cvanag

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Conrad, Montana
Just bought this sled. Took it from race gas to pump. Did everything that BD told me. New actuator and clutching. They told me the computer would work fine. The guy I bought It from claimed new pistons this year. Took it to island this last week. Made it five miles. Took it apart and I am missing bearing on my crank. Did I get f**ked or what do you all think went wrong. Do I need a flash from BD for the pump gas?

cvanag

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Conrad, Montana
the rod bearing on the crank is totally gone, so its just knocking to beat hell, gonna be a whole new crank, so pretty much just a brand new motor from the bottom up

Y
Mar 9, 2008
claremont mn
07 crank

I would say the most common reason a rod bearing goes out it from not storing the sled right, if the sled doesn't get fogged for summer storage there is a pretty good chance that you could have had moisture in the cases that caused rust pitting on the crank which will eventually take out the bearing. JMO

cvanag

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Conrad, Montana
Well I just bought the sled, so I have no idea how it was stored, but I do know I'm out a whole motor, what are anyones started numbers for a 700 pump gas?

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
5 miles-new owner, something sounds fishy to me. do you mean wrist pin bearing? Hard to believe a rod bearing just disappears.

mtnclimber19

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2008
Sheridan, wy
I saw a lot of rod bearing disappear when I was running the old 600 and 650 triples. Might just be bad luck or maybe the old owner new something was starting to go bad. You always take a chance when buying something used whether it be a sled or a car, you just count on that most people are pretty descent and wouldn't screw you over intentionally.

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
I would say the most common reason a rod bearing goes out it from not storing the sled right, if the sled doesn't get fogged for summer storage there is a pretty good chance that you could have had moisture in the cases that caused rust pitting on the crank which will eventually take out the bearing. JMO

x2.

J
Dec 18, 2009
Salt lake City
Rod bearing

There is a guy in utah that called me yesterday his rod came loose on a 08 700 Dragon less then a 1000 miles on it. Check with your dealer on the warranty! I don't know where richeh123 gets his info from but there is no way you can run a turbo on any fuel injected sled with out a control box on it the stock map dosent supply enough fuel twins or no twins. Really they don't do that much for a dragon 700??? 250 plus horsepower 12 to 14 pounds of boost thats not much!

Premium Features