• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Teachers please help! Thesis Statement

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I am writing a 300 word essay for Honors U.S. History, and I cant come up with a good thesis statement for my topic. The topic is: Choose one of the Native American civilizations described in the chapter. Then explain to what extent you agree with the following statement: “Some of the Native American societies that existed during the time of Columbus were highly advanced.” Be sure to give specific examples of major accomplishments to support your answer. I am going to be writing about the Aztec civilization. The essay is also to be written in the 3rd person. Do any of you teachers out there have any hints or tips about what i could use for a thesis statement for this essay?

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sounds like you have the book. Not sure if your gonna like all the answers that your going to get on here.:rolleyes:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
you looking for an answer or assistance? :p

HAHA, that is what I was thinking.

Read the text and then you'll have a stance. The title will come to you after you have written the paper.

G
Nov 28, 2008
MN
cut and past off of the internet and site your source.. you cant re write history so what ever find is already not your work, your just doing a book report. just site you source then you cant get into trouble for the plagiarism. 5 minute project.

N

NDflatlander

Nov 21, 2007
Jamestown, ND
No wonder why people aren't getting anymore intelligent, and we wonder why we're in the position we're in right now. Do your own homework and you just might learn something...

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Its 300 words but must be written perfectly. Our teacher will take off as little as .1 points.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
No wonder why people aren't getting anymore intelligent, and we wonder why we're in the position we're in right now. Do your own homework and you just might learn something...
Its an honors class, you have to have a 3.5 or higher gpa to get into it. I asked for opinions on what people would use for a thesis statement. Im sure you had a 4.5 gpa and got a perfect score on you SAT and ACT, and of course you never asked for help or cheated in school.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Its an honors class, you have to have a 3.5 or higher gpa to get into it. I asked for opinions on what people would use for a thesis statement. Im sure you had a 4.5 gpa and got a perfect score on you SAT and ACT, and of course you never asked for help or cheated in school.

We're trying to steer you into NOT doing that. LOL

S
Nov 26, 2007
Craig Colorado

This is one of the most correctly written paragraphs I have seen on snowest! You are obviously a smart kid, you can handle this. That being said, sometimes it's nice to have a little help. I would help but I'm too far out of school to do you any good. (and not very bright to boot!)

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Hey guys, I have the time to post on snowest but I don't have time to read a book and write my paper. This kid for real? Maybe its time to close the browser and open the word processor and get to writing. 300 Words is 15 to 20 min tops, just sayin. Wait till your freshman writing class in college, in mine I had to write a 300 word paper for every single class period of the semester. Get used to it squirt.

Premium Features