• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

how do i make my wifes sled steer easier?

S
Jan 1, 2009
how do i make the steering easier on a 2007 ski doo 800 144 so my wife can turn the skis with out a huge workout any info thanks

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
loosen front shock pressure, add pressure to front shock in suspension, loosen rear coil spring pressure, this time of year with spring snow ,they all steer tuff!! also might have to loosen up the limiter strap

Last edited:
H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
how do i make the steering easier on a 2007 ski doo 800 144 so my wife can turn the skis with out a huge workout any info thanks

the REV and/or XP are the hardest two sleds to steer these days, not a wife sled IMO (even though my wife rides and rev)....sell the Rev and get a 07 or newer polaris, they steer like a dream:beer;

if you keep the rev, extend the limiter strap and tighen up the forward skid shock, this will take some pressure off the front skies, the sway bar is a huge help for steering also, and im guessing the slydog skis will be the easest to steer

S
Mar 17, 2009
ski's

Less limiter and better ski's not skies you guys..lol (for cryin out loud)

Slydogs or Simmons seem to be popular ..i used the latter and it worked well.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
I always cut the back (behind the spindle toward the rear of the sled) of the skaggs off, it makes a huge difference.

holman6336

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Odessa/Spokane WA
Less limiter and better ski's not skies you guys..lol (for cryin out loud)

Slydogs or Simmons seem to be popular ..i used the latter and it worked well.

Slydogs aren't very good in spring conditions...they seem to push alot more than the stock skis. I've heard good things about simmons.

R

RATED-X

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2007
Wasilla
MODS skis will help drasticly...Its like power steering for your sled. Its the only ski id run on a rev. just my .02

S
Mar 17, 2009
ski's

Holman..Your probably right...im not sure about slydogs or C@A or the other types in different conditions.

I did put the simmons gen 1's on my 1000 thinkin whatever...ill try it for ****z and giggles and it was night and day..my woman got on my sled and told me ..no more like commanded me... to get her a set immediately..3 others riders tried mine and said the same thing...steering was amazing. They flex a ton and really eat the bumps so you can back off your limiters which makes it easier to turn. Im not into gimmicky horsepower add ons or promoting mickey mouse snowmobile products but simmons did do a good job on their design.

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
as mentioned above more weight transfer will take some weight off the front skiis. Also, less agressive/more shallow ski keel designs help.

Simmons Gen I worked good in the heavy wet snow of spring. The dual runners are not as agressive/deep as some of the other keel designs.

Premium Features