• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sps turbo on a d7

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
I am purchasing a sps turbo kit for my d7, and I was just wondering if it is worth the extra money for running 111 fuel, just for the reliability. I will run up to 18lbs boost.

Vertical Asshauler

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
Kelowna, BC
The bd racegas kit at 18psi is seriously insane. Goes like hell and will make your arms 4" longer but its really hard to stay in control. Eats 1115 belts like crazy, could end up going through 2 or 3 in a day. Not sure how much power your supposed to be making on the SPS kit since never seen or ridden one.

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
They were running the kit on a d7 last year on race fuel with 18 lbs. , but honestly I want to run around that 10lb mark, and use a boost controler. But I am just wondering if I should just run 111 in it even at the lower boost just for the saftey aspect. I have experience in boosted engines, but not on 2 stroke applications. I appreciate the info.

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
I know that the reliability is going to be lower then stock, but it is a tradeoff I am willing to make for 200 hp all day. Any nice pics or how you like your d7 turbo I would like to see some pics or video. lol :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features