• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox Evol R vs QS3

Mr. Pump Gas

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
I know the Evol are about 1 pound lighter for rear skid, however wondering if the QS3 ride that much better?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I would think the evol would suit the needs of most. I have the QSL and its cool but a click changes the handling drastically. If I were to do it over I would probably just do the evol and set it and forget it.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
QS3 is a lot better than the evol.. just for the simple fact you don't need to mess with air pressures all the time. If you ride somewhere like me where temps change very drastically. You'll appreciate not having to pump air into a shock a lot... That being said, some guys don't notice the differences in air pressures and never touch their pump at all... I'd go with the qs3 if it were me.. in the coilover configuration..

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
Qs3 all the way...

Have run all the different Fox air shocks on my sleds for the last 10 yrs, and the ability to adjust compression really makes alot of difference.

I must admit that I miss the ability to fine tune like I was able to with the DSC vs. The qs3.

Now running the Fox IQS on my 850, was not convinced at first but now I feel something is missing when jumping on my old sled without it!

Mr. Pump Gas

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
Thanks Guys. Good info here. Anyone know the difference in weight between QS3 vs Raptor Kinetics?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
QS3 is a lot better than the evol.. just for the simple fact you don't need to mess with air pressures all the time. If you ride somewhere like me where temps change very drastically. You'll appreciate not having to pump air into a shock a lot... That being said, some guys don't notice the differences in air pressures and never touch their pump at all... I'd go with the qs3 if it were me.. in the coilover configuration..

Just curious, how much will pressure change in 30 degrees or so?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Found this
6f1ccd6be7b0109726f5d542ef0c57a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Thanks Guys. Good info here. Anyone know the difference in weight between QS3 vs Raptor Kinetics?

No clue about difference in weight but I'd love to hear a comparison between fox qs3 and raptor though

Premium Features