• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.6 vs 3 inch track- feed back

Jeepbuff

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
9363M vs 9362M?

TRS or others,

Why the 9363M (center ported) vs. the 9362M (non-ported) if you are going to need to change drivers anyway??

Thanks

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
Center ported better resale?

I have to do rails either way, and doing Ice Age, not sure on RMK profile or Khaos yet though.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
TRS or others,

Why the 9363M (center ported) vs. the 9362M (non-ported) if you are going to need to change drivers anyway??

Thanks

This has been an on going debate for a long time. Personally, I believe the involuted drivers have less parasitic affect. The center port driver only makes contact when the involuted drivers are about to slip. The AVID center port drivers match the track drive lugs very close. Robbie did a great job. You also don’t have to chop your rails and buy an anti stab kit.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
If you don't have high HP the center drive with the avids like mentioned above definately run smoother thats for sure.

The issue on the cat style extroverts is that your now driving on metal clips, which yes drive better but also just creates more vibration. Also, the polaris design with the center drive and the rails coming up alongside the drivers makes for a cleaner departure. I've run both setups avid center and cat style with cut rails and an anti stab and for an NA setup out west the center drive covers your needs REALLY well and is smoother overall operation.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
If you don't have high HP the center drive with the avids like mentioned above definately run smoother thats for sure.

The issue on the cat style extroverts is that your now driving on metal clips, which yes drive better but also just creates more vibration. Also, the polaris design with the center drive and the rails coming up alongside the drivers makes for a cleaner departure. I've run both setups avid center and cat style with cut rails and an anti stab and for an NA setup out west the center drive covers your needs REALLY well and is smoother overall operation.

Just to add, we have multiple turbos from 5-10# running 3” tracks and the AVID center port drivers. No issues to date.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Just to add, we have multiple turbos from 5-10# running 3” tracks and the AVID center port drivers. No issues to date.
Are they running three drivers?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Are they running three drivers?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

It’s 2 drivers with the center extro machined on one

picture.php

Last edited:

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
The AXYS has barely enough clearance to utilize a 3”. The clearance issue is very parasitic. Most users I have talked to are having clutching and belt issues.The track must be ran on the tight side or it scrubs the tunnel and bulkhead under load.
We have been cutting down the X3” for a few years now. Trimming them to 2.7-2.8”. This has been one of the best mods you can do. You’ll witness tunnel/bulkhead clearance, better snow evacuation, and definitely climbs better. A turbo AXYS sled benefits more than a NA sled from the trimmed track.

I bought the 3.2" track when I installed a BMP 860 engine in my '16 Pro-RMK 163, but really didn't notice the effects. Now that I'm running a BD Switch set on high boost (10.5 psi) I really notice it now.
I'm tossing around the idea of trimming the 3.2 down to 2.8 and give that a try next season.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Stupid edit isn't working for me today.

In regards to trimming my 3.2 to 2.8. I'm concerned about how stiff the lugs will be vs. trimming a 3" track to 2.7 or 2.8.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Stupid edit isn't working for me today.

In regards to trimming my 3.2 to 2.8. I'm concerned about how stiff the lugs will be vs. trimming a 3" track to 2.7 or 2.8.

You can always back cut your lug tips thinner if it trenches badly.
(Stiff lugs are good with boost)

H
Mar 2, 2010
The AXYS chassis doesn’t have enough tunnel/bulkhead clearance to effectively utilize a 3.2” track. The clearance issue is very parasitic. Most users I have talked to are having clutching and belt issues. The track balloons under power.
The AXYS has barely enough clearance to utilize a 3”. The track must be ran on the tight side or it scrubs the tunnel and bulkhead under load.
We have been cutting down the X3” for a few years now. Trimming them to 2.7-2.8”. This has been one of the best mods you can do. You’ll witness tunnel/bulkhead clearance, better snow evacuation, and definitely climbs better. A turbo AXYS sled benefits more than a NA sled from the trimmed track.
Tracks USA just saved us over $300 a track with the X2.7 over the X3 offering. Ordered 2 more this week.

Referring to the 2.7-2.8 cut down where do you measure youR lug height from?

Premium Features