• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why did they not offer a 163 Kahos???

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
For the life of I can’t wrap my head around it. I really like my 163 with a turbo for most of the time, BUT there is that playful part of the 155 I wish I could have some with the 163.
I tend to drop into some really deep revins, creeks, mountain sides looking for untouched powder and the 163 usually gets me out that would the 155 would not, there normally there a one chance situation to get out.

I guess the most part I miss about the 155 is how easy they are to turn out in the same trench when climbing.

I plan on ordering a Kahos and putting a 163 under it. Thinking just rmk rails though. Figured I can always tighten the limiter strap if needed.
If I wasn’t going to turbo it a standard Pro Rmk 155 would probably be my choice and not sure I would consider the Kahos, it would be playful enough.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
For the life of I can’t wrap my head around it. I really like my 163 with a turbo for most of the time, BUT there is that playful part of the 155 I wish I could have some with the 163.
I tend to drop into some really deep revins, creeks, mountain sides looking for untouched powder and the 163 usually gets me out that would the 155 would not, there normally there a one chance situation to get out.

I guess the most part I miss about the 155 is how easy they are to turn out in the same trench when climbing.

I plan on ordering a Kahos and putting a 163 under it. Thinking just rmk rails though. Figured I can always tighten the limiter strap if needed.
If I wasn’t going to turbo it a standard Pro Rmk 155 would probably be my choice and not sure I would consider the Kahos, it would be playful enough.

Not sure exactly why no 163 Khaos. Maybe they just testing the waters. The Khaos is made to be a more noble/playful sled, which for most equates to having a 155 under.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
My thinking is that a 155 Khaos with a turbo would be a definite wheelie monster possibly bordering on uncontrollable unless cash was spent on the skid.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
One word - marketing. Helps perpetuate the flickable thing. Easier to sell to the young bulls being targeted by AC and Doo. Easier to order and build. Sales guy's dream - anyone under 30 will get steered over to one on the sales floor immediately.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The idea behind the sled is more fun and playful. Slightly less dedicated deep snow mountain riding/boondocking sled more of a "playground" style riding then pure exploration and forward movement, more jumps and whips etc, things like that where the RMK leaves a rider wanting a little. I know I have my RMK setup as lighter on the skis with upgraded shocks to help make it transfer more for hopovers,360's etc. More acrobatic so to speak. A standard RMK is very planted and is built do be deliberate in where it goes, this can be challanging for riders seeking a different riding style.

A 163 just isn't for that style of rider in the first place. Building a 163 Khaos is a pretty niche market of guys who want that little extra float but also want a more playful sled.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
A 163 just isn't for that style of rider in the first place. Building a 163 Khaos is a pretty niche market of guys who want that little extra float but also want a more playful sled.

For everyone who wants to copy Burandt. Actually I’ve always been a 160ish length track guy. My khaos will probably end up with a 165

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Khaos or Pro RMK

Will the Khaos be to much of a wheelie monster for an older aggressive boondocker ? One that dose not go in for big drops but likes to hill climb and ride in the trees along with occasional 3 to 5 ft bumps for jumps .

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
The video's i have seen of the khaos show it know where near a wheelie monster. Not even close to a doo, I think it will be fine.

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
I don’t see any downfalls to doing the Khaos with a 163. Can always tighten up the limiter strap if it wheelies to much. Better shocks and aluminum Overstructure Am I overlooking something?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I don’t see any downfalls to doing the Khaos with a 163. Can always tighten up the limiter strap if it wheelies to much. Better shocks and aluminum Overstructure Am I overlooking something?
I agree with Wheelhouse... The whole idea of the sled is for it to be lighter on the skis- more of sled for the guys who want to do hop overs, re entries, and send it. If you're that kind of rider a 155 is just the sled that works best for that stuff.

Just based on the little bit that I have ridden 163s I would guess that even with the skid changes on the Khoas you wouldn't be able to make a 163 do the things that the 155 Khoas is made and meant to do... Maybe you'll just end up with a 163 that trenches bad and nothing more?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Here's what Chris has to say on the subject for whoever cares: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezh0ANHxw7Y

I also agree with Wheelhouse. Most people that want a more flickable sled (70%) buy a 15X track length. People that want the most capable sled (30%) buy a 16X length. Just Polaris targeting the 70% market.

Based on sleds for sale it might be 85% 155 15% 16X

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
Just looking for a little more playfully set up in a 163 A 155 with a turbo is not planted enough for when it gets nasty.

Premium Features