For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: AXYS 2016 AXYS chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2018, 11:52 AM
Currently: doing the snow dance
cascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default SLP pipe issue

Has anyone ever seen a pipe do this? I have seen them crack next to a weld but not out away from a weld like this. I was riding yesterday sled was running good pulling 8400 and out of nowhere it dropped to 7900 to 8000 rpm and the tone changed. I knew something was wrong and I stopped and found this. The sled is a 2017 axys with about 800 miles (500ish on the pipe). I am not here to bash SLP, just asking if anyone has had this happen. I am going to contact SLP and see if they will help me out. I am confident they will do something for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180310_130228.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	294308  

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-11-2018, 12:05 PM
Currently: Getting the R6 snowbike ready......
Thanked 1,339 Times in 829 Posts
Sheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond repute
Default SLP pipe issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascadesnowjunky View Post
Has anyone ever seen a pipe do this? I have seen them crack next to a weld but not out away from a weld like this. I was riding yesterday sled was running good pulling 8400 and out of nowhere it dropped to 7900 to 8000 rpm and the tone changed. I knew something was wrong and I stopped and found this. The sled is a 2017 axys with about 800 miles (500ish on the pipe). I am not here to bash SLP, just asking if anyone has had this happen. I am going to contact SLP and see if they will help me out. I am confident they will do something for me.

Mine cracked exactly the same way last weekend.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sheetmetalfab For This Useful Post:
cascadesnowjunky (03-11-2018)
Old 03-11-2018, 12:48 PM
Currently: Not set.
Thanked 6,620 Times in 4,258 Posts
Snowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. Identical! Crazy

Old 03-11-2018, 01:28 PM
Thanked 1,085 Times in 618 Posts
SRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond repute

If there is 2.... I bet there will be many more to fail like that.

Were both of these pipes the updated version with the X welded across the egt bung or the double thick plate at the EGT bung?

These failures look like they are heat cycle or metal fatigue related failures.

I'm guessing they will warranty them.

Old 03-11-2018, 01:32 PM
Currently: Payin' the dough to play in the snow
aksledjunkie has disabled reputation

That's freaking crazy!! Has anyone contacted warranty about this?

Old 03-11-2018, 02:00 PM
Currently: doing the snow dance
cascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond reputecascadesnowjunky has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is not the updated with the X weld at the egt probe. It looks like metal fatigue, it is very thin in that section. I'm guessing thin metal and harmonics played a role in this failure. I will send SLP pictures this week and see what they have to say. I do feel better knowing I am not the only one this happened to. My friend had his crack around the bung for the egt last year but it was the old design without the x weld and they sent him a new pipe (updated version).

Old 03-11-2018, 02:39 PM
MaxSimoneau is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine also cracked at the exact same place..

Old 03-11-2018, 02:52 PM
Currently: Loving my BMP 860
Thanked 1,538 Times in 906 Posts
richracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond repute

This crap is why I ditched my SLP pipe and went with BMP.

Old 03-11-2018, 04:27 PM
Currently: Getting the R6 snowbike ready......
Thanked 1,339 Times in 829 Posts
Sheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRXSRULE View Post
If there is 2.... I bet there will be many more to fail like that.

Were both of these pipes the updated version with the X welded across the egt bung or the double thick plate at the EGT bung?

These failures look like they are heat cycle or metal fatigue related failures.

I'm guessing they will warranty them.

Mine is the updated, 2 bands, x weld and thicker plate version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Following User Says Thank You to Sheetmetalfab For This Useful Post:
cascadesnowjunky (03-11-2018)
Old 03-11-2018, 04:35 PM
nick04cobra is an unknown quantity at this point

My pipe cracked last year, they sent me a new one.
This year my muffler cracked and they will not respond to me.

They have poor customer service in my eyes and poor products that don’t last.

I will not purchase SLP products again.

The Following User Says Thank You to nick04cobra For This Useful Post:
Snowmow (03-11-2018)
Old 03-11-2018, 06:51 PM
Currently: Looking Forward To A 0Degree Afternoon!!
Basic Member
AdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdrenalineAddict For This Useful Post:
cascadesnowjunky (03-11-2018), Snowmow (03-11-2018)
Old 03-11-2018, 09:48 PM
Currently: Riding a AXYS RMK
Madtown has a reputation beyond reputeMadtown has a reputation beyond reputeMadtown has a reputation beyond reputeMadtown has a reputation beyond reputeMadtown has a reputation beyond reputeMadtown has a reputation beyond reputeMadtown has a reputation beyond reputeMadtown has a reputation beyond reputeMadtown has a reputation beyond reputeMadtown has a reputation beyond reputeMadtown has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-11-2018, 10:12 PM
Basic Member
cmcgillis has a brilliant futurecmcgillis has a brilliant futurecmcgillis has a brilliant futurecmcgillis has a brilliant futurecmcgillis has a brilliant futurecmcgillis has a brilliant futurecmcgillis has a brilliant futurecmcgillis has a brilliant futurecmcgillis has a brilliant futurecmcgillis has a brilliant futurecmcgillis has a brilliant future

Click Here to Register

Old 03-12-2018, 04:33 PM
SLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SLP For This Useful Post:
cascadesnowjunky (03-13-2018), Dabull (03-12-2018), diamonddave (03-14-2018), lowridermatt (03-25-2018), mountainhorse (03-21-2018), simnil (03-15-2018), snow1barta (03-14-2018), tdblakes (03-20-2018), TNTCOPP (03-22-2018), turbolover (03-13-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 06:52 PM
nick04cobra is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to nick04cobra For This Useful Post:
no_uh (03-15-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 07:12 PM
Snowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-12-2018, 07:40 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-12-2018, 09:09 PM
Overthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-12-2018, 09:24 PM

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Snowmow For This Useful Post:
cascadesnowjunky (03-13-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 09:33 PM
Overthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond reputeOverthehood has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Overthehood For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2018, 09:57 PM
Currently: Buying parts
05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 05rmksteve For This Useful Post:
cascadesnowjunky (03-13-2018), Prayn4snow (03-25-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 06:46 AM
Currently: Just waiting!
wfieldin has a reputation beyond reputewfieldin has a reputation beyond reputewfieldin has a reputation beyond reputewfieldin has a reputation beyond reputewfieldin has a reputation beyond reputewfieldin has a reputation beyond reputewfieldin has a reputation beyond reputewfieldin has a reputation beyond reputewfieldin has a reputation beyond reputewfieldin has a reputation beyond reputewfieldin has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to wfieldin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2018, 10:01 AM
Basic Member
bajah2x has a reputation beyond reputebajah2x has a reputation beyond reputebajah2x has a reputation beyond reputebajah2x has a reputation beyond reputebajah2x has a reputation beyond reputebajah2x has a reputation beyond reputebajah2x has a reputation beyond reputebajah2x has a reputation beyond reputebajah2x has a reputation beyond reputebajah2x has a reputation beyond reputebajah2x has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to bajah2x For This Useful Post:
cascadesnowjunky (03-14-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 10:29 AM
Currently: is it winter yet?
Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,370 Posts
Wheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Wheel House Motorsports For This Useful Post:
cascadesnowjunky (03-14-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 10:33 AM
live2beel has a reputation beyond reputelive2beel has a reputation beyond reputelive2beel has a reputation beyond reputelive2beel has a reputation beyond reputelive2beel has a reputation beyond reputelive2beel has a reputation beyond reputelive2beel has a reputation beyond reputelive2beel has a reputation beyond reputelive2beel has a reputation beyond reputelive2beel has a reputation beyond reputelive2beel has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register