• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Ski-Doo Sled Lineup: Photos and Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I got this email today, so why is Christopher waiting until 9PM?
spacer_g.gif
Tune in to www.BRPreveal.com Tuesday night, March 4
at 7:45 pm EST for our 2015 Global Reveal.

See what happens when our relentless passion for making snowmobiles better meets your passion for doing more with them
Ya, I saw the very same thing.
Beats the heck out of me.
But the embargo date that provided to Harris Publishing says 9:00pm

IF I SEE THE IMAGES released by Ski-Doo corporate sooner, I will be happy to release the thread on SnoWest !

The whole thread is ready to rock and roll right now.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Jaynelson....are you like 4 feet tall?? Plz tell me what you think the disadvantage is in a 16" wide track?

No 6'2". All joking aside....I've owned 2 Doo's with 16" tracks and the slightly wider tunnel bugs me compared to a Polaris. In a perfect world....I would take the narrower feeling sled over the extra inch of track width all day. I feel there are more than enough great combos of track length, type and paddle size that making the sled wider between your legs is completely unnecessary. I find the narrower sled much more comfortable for stand up riding....I ride dirtbike in the summer too, maybe that is a factor. If 16" is better...why not 17 or 18? Know what I'm sayin?

Hell, if the weight (and obviously rotational and unsprung weight) came down accordingly....I'd be interested to see what a modern sled would be like with a 14" wide track (and according tunnel), in a 154-163ish length, with a 2.5-3" paddle. Might be pretty cool. Maybe one day something like that will bridge that gap between snowbike and sled? Not the most far fetched concept.

Last edited:
S
Mar 9, 2008
Montana
I hear ya, but isn't the point of the wider track having a shorter track with the same " foot print" as a longer track that is narrower? And I don't see how a half inch on either side of the bodies mid line is that drastically noticeable! I respect your opinion, but I will be going with the 174 X 16 X 3"!

S
Mar 9, 2008
Montana
I hear ya, but isn't the point of the wider track having a shorter track with the same " foot print" as a longer track that is narrower? And I don't see how a half inch on either side of the bodies mid line is that drastically noticeable!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I hear ya, but isn't the point of the wider track having a shorter track with the same " foot print" as a longer track that is narrower? And I don't see how a half inch on either side of the bodies mid line is that drastically noticeable! I respect your opinion, but I will be going with the 174 X 16 X 3"!
Yes it is....but I just see that as marketing fluff, and in the real world never had my Doo's outperform another sled simply due to having a 16" wide track. Doesn't make it unrideable by any means....but it is one consideration among many if you are shopping for a new sled, and are open to more than 1 brand.

Like I said earlier....if a 174x16x3 is truly available, that is a REALLY burly track option for a factory sled. I totally give them props for offering it because I love to see manufacturers (any manufacturer) drop bombs like that.....even though it's not exactly what I would buy :face-icon-small-coo

Last edited:
S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
No 6'2". All joking aside....I've owned 2 Doo's with 16" tracks and the slightly wider tunnel bugs me compared to a Polaris. In a perfect world....I would take the narrower feeling sled over the extra inch of track width all day. I feel there are more than enough great combos of track length, type and paddle size that making the sled wider between your legs is completely unnecessary. I find the narrower sled much more comfortable for stand up riding....I ride dirtbike in the summer too, maybe that is a factor. If 16" is better...why not 17 or 18? Know what I'm sayin?

Hell, if the weight (and obviously rotational and unsprung weight) came down accordingly....I'd be interested to see what a modern sled would be like with a 14" wide track (and according tunnel), in a 154-163ish length, with a 2.5-3" paddle. Might be pretty cool. Maybe one day something like that will bridge that gap between snowbike and sled? Not the most far fetched concept.

I totally agree , I think you're gonna see one of them do that pretty quick, maybe a 162/3 x 3 in x 14 wide. I believe that with a good chassis it would be more fun in deep snow than a 16 wide shorter, tougher to sidehill a quad than a dirt bike sorta theory, and I agree I've listened to the 16 wide is better suggestions. And if it were valid , why stop there, imagine the floatation advantage a 20 wide would afford you. Hell you could have a 20 wide x 136 give you 2720 sq in, a 16 x 154 is only 2464 inches. To me the wider you go the more stable and planted its gonna be, that's why the tilty bendy suspension came into existence.
And that's why the Pro is gaining so much popularity even with the dubious motor reputation .

Steep&DeepRider

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2007
Austin, MN

Polaris did take the Rev platform and glorify it to what the PRO is now, which is a great sled. I cant wait to see what Polaris does with the XM chassis in the coming years.

What Skidoo invents Polaris perfects, it really works out well for us the consumer.

I don't believe this entirely. I believe the Pro chassis is based more off the IQ.

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Preach on!! I agree 100% I don't care for the 16" wide tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features