• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is the answer for INTAKE?

maurfello

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2009
Washington
I was wondering if anyone has found an air intake that works the best in powder. I heard about the "DEFROST BAG", but have not seen any pictures of it installed other than the advertizment picture that polaris has. Also does anyone know if it voids warranty? Do other intakes void warrenty? Any input would help a lot. Thanks!!!!!:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Seriously, you saw it on a Polaris ad and your asking if it voids the warranty? It's a Polaris part, it won't void any warranty.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
The defrost bag has nothing to do with the intake. Its a place to keep your gloves and goggles warm and dry. Im doing the slp intake to provide a greater surface area to draw air from in deep snow. Btw you cant do the slp intake with the polaris defrost bag.

maurfello

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2009
Washington
The defrost bag has nothing to do with the intake. Its a place to keep your gloves and goggles warm and dry. Im doing the slp intake to provide a greater surface area to draw air from in deep snow. Btw you cant do the slp intake with the polaris defrost bag.

The vent on it made me think it tied into the intake somehow.
are headlight delete kits a good option? I have never done any kind of mods to any sled I have owned. But I feel I need to do somthing for the intake because it is always pluged. Need help!!!

Check out Fire n Ice. I ran all the carbon fiber vents last year. The ones on the console are all intake. This year I am putting on the headlight delete kit which turns the whole console into an intake. All vents are lifetime warranty against breakage. They really stand up to the abuse!

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
you should talk to your dealer just because I was talking to one of our local dealers and they said if its on your sled and its not sold in the Polaris catalog it will void your warranty.....I said even a SLP intake....he said...Its not in the catalog.....

H
Feb 8, 2008
Bs my dealer sells the slp intake and it didn't void mine! Maybe if you leave plastic shavings in it and that causes a failure but not for installing it the correct way.

Premium Features