• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My Montana Picture Thread

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
I'm going to try to keep posting pictures in this thread. At least till or if it gets maxed out cause I'm a basic member.

I might post a few short video clips from time to time.

And anyone who feels the need can post some pics too!

This one is some helmet cam footage from Thursday. Its aebsledder on yamazoom's 2010 M8 turbo at 12 lbs in knee to waist deep snow. Very impressive and fun to ride sled!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5ozlWHAEKA&feature=sub

These two are from today. Nothing too crazy fun to watch none the less

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdsnjOXgKiE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhjJTZ6kJYg

tp1.jpg

tp3.jpg

tp2.jpg

tp7.jpg

tp6.jpg

tp9.jpg

tp19.jpg

tp10.jpg

tp8.jpg

Last edited:
M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Nice, wasnt able to come down last weekend...should be there next...great year fro snow for certain!!!

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Glenn,

Doesn't it suck to always be the camera man and have all these great photos of your buddies and none of yourself?

R
Dec 11, 2010
GREAT PICS

what part or area out of bozeman is this?? would love to take a family trip to catch snow like that!! lucky lucky luckey!!

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Good to see they got some pics of you as well. I am always the camera man in my group and have lots of great pics of my friends, but very few of myself. Oh well, somebodies got to do it. Better than not having any pics at all.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
PRO handling is very similar to M. I like the narrow panels for sure however it feels a hair more stable. Most likely that is the sway bar.

Motor doesn't feel as strong as the M though. Although it feels better then 143 hp.

Overall its a solid sled, but the real test will be the reliability.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Really?! Man I need to ride those M's. I've ridden quite a bit on a pretty good m1000, a stock 2010 m8, and then rode a rmsha sled stock hcr 8 some. The 1000 has some aftermarket stuff and feels powerful just riding around but flat out heads up my pro whipped up on it on a hill and in a super deep meadow race. The other two didn't feel even remotely close. There is a serious weight diff plus I'm at least 20lbs lighter rider so who really knows in a true legit heads up comparison. Anyway I'm pretty surprised to hear that you thought the m's felt more peppy.

I think in a lot of deep snow free riding situations the two brands feel about as similar as anything for just ride ability. Obviously only when standing. I could live with an m8 pretty easy but still don't think they are as fun all around. No doubt that the m8 would be my clear second choice even over a stock iq raw 8.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Really?! Man I need to ride those M's. I've ridden quite a bit on a pretty good m1000, a stock 2010 m8, and then rode a rmsha sled stock hcr 8 some. The 1000 has some aftermarket stuff and feels powerful just riding around but flat out heads up my pro whipped up on it on a hill and in a super deep meadow race. The other two didn't feel even remotely close. There is a serious weight diff plus I'm at least 20lbs lighter rider so who really knows in a true legit heads up comparison. Anyway I'm pretty surprised to hear that you thought the m's felt more peppy.

I think in a lot of deep snow free riding situations the two brands feel about as similar as anything for just ride ability. Obviously only when standing. I could live with an m8 pretty easy but still don't think they are as fun all around. No doubt that the m8 would be my clear second choice even over a stock iq raw 8.

He has mostly rode my pro as far as I know and I have noticed if Polaris has a lemon in the bunch it most often ends up in my garage.:face-icon-small-fro
I have rode Glens sled and it runs phenomenal...just plain goes. I think he has rode another guys 163 pro as well (with Carls clutching) and thought his might have pulled a little harder. For me a lot of it has been frame of mind as well. I rode another friends perfectly tuned turbo M8 and it pretty much ruined me. I have neither the cash or the mechanical aptitude to own one, so now I just mostly sit in a dark corner and sulk.:eek:hwell
Now I am hi-jacking. Here is a picture.

001-1.jpg

Premium Features