• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Post Forward Kits for Tall Gentlemen

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ok so I'm stretching it a little with the gentleman thing, but I am tall. I noticed this year when sidehilling some steeper lines in marginal snow with my 174 that unless I got myself as far forward as I could, the back end had the tendency to wash out some. I realize I'm asking a lot of my sled to hold a super steep sidehill on crusty snow while hauling a 250 lb 6'5" dude around on it's keester, but was wondering if any tall dudes out there have installed the post forward and what their experiences are. I see C3 and Skinz both make one. I just thought this may be a good way to get my weight forward without having to side step the bars all the time. I hate cheating the angle on the xm's and getting that steering "flop". Thanks in advance for the help and opinions.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Had the same issue on my 154 and rode my girlfriends sled with sly dog powder hound skis on and it handled sidehills much better. Got a set of 8"sly dog" skis for mine as well and it improved sidehills dramatically to the point where I could move the steering post back a bit for a more balanced ride. While not perfect the skis are a huge improvement. The TMotion and Flex edge track turn in easy but the trade of is it does like to slide the A$$ end downhill easier when trying to hold a line. One thing is if you are to far forward on the sled it gets harder to control the sled in a climb and do fast small line adjustments. That is particularly true with the 174. That is where I found the skis to be the best all around improvement to not give up to much on the other end.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
So nobody has any reviews or comments about the C3 or Skinz post forward kits? Not looking for a riding lesson, just actual feedback from using these kits thanks!

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I did read that one, and most of the other threads I've found dance around the subject a little too. I realize it's going to be purely subjective. I did also read somewhere that some folks had some problems with the Skinz quality, so was hoping to get some clarity on the quality of the kits too. Thanks for the help. Maybe I should just be PM'ing Brew and BCIL...

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
We have them on our XM's and T3's. My wife and I are both on the light side of things so they help us immensely in the backcountry. Bret Rasmussen is the on who turned us onto the post forward concept/product last year and it is a great mod if you like riding the backcountry in situations where you spend a lot of time on one ski. The Skinz post doesn't look the best visually but so working well after one full season (22 days on the mountain for me). Suspect the advantage will be similar for someone who is taller, but moving your weight may produce similar advantages. We have to use our weight moving our feet to the right places while bigger riders can keep on foot on each running board and maintain an edge with out wrong foot forward. I find myself in a much better position on the sled with the post forward. Went from the stock riser, to a 3 inch, and then a 2 inch riser the last twenty days of riding ( I am 5'9). With post forward and 2 inch riser my sled is in a comfortable position on an edge vs stock the bars were in my chest.

Premium Features