• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forward Steering post..How to fill the old post hole?

01ZRTCAT

Mar 12, 2010
I just did the forward steering post on my 02 Mtn Cat, I must say I love it, but what have you guys done to fill the old hole where the the post was? I stuffed a rag in there cause it was time to go? Thats clearly not going to work! filled the belly pan with snow! Any pics or good ideas? TIA

M

maddogwfo

Dec 4, 2007
Otis Ochards WA
01ZRT if you are talking about the top by the gas tank this is what I did on my KingCat and have had no issues, Key, Choke, and Tack mounted on a aluminum plate clean setup, love the forward mounted post myself, MADDOGWFO

P1010079.jpg P1010057.jpg

Last edited:

01ZRTCAT

Mar 12, 2010
That is an option, I was hoping for something that will re-use the black plastic at the top of the tank!

F
Aug 17, 2010
K-Town, BC
Mines just left with the gap there. I got a piece of foam in there behind the cables to stop them rubbing on the plastic. I dont see how your bellypan fills up with snow though, there is no where for the snow to go???

Only problem I have is the notched hood and in deep powder the snow slips in around the notch a bit and onto the airbox/oil tank.

I do like Maddog's setup, cleans the area up a bit. With the tach down there I could have 2 snorkel air intakes (twice the power?!!!!) :p

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
CR Racing used to sell a dash. Here's mine. Whew, dirty!!!!

attachment.php

SAM_0526.jpg

D
Feb 3, 2010
On my 01 Mnt Cat LE I used the the adjustable rear shock control to fill the void. Basically I just reversed the steering and the control positions. Probably won't help you however.

01ZRTCAT

Mar 12, 2010
Most of the snow is on or behind the air box, I was also thinking some plastic?

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
I have an idea would a block off plate from the speedo hole fit? If not then you will have to make a block off plate. I would install a clock, compass, altimeter, Temp gauge etc... The best would be a 4" round GPS but I bet they don't make such a critter? Rubber mounted to prevent shock and jarring would be perfect! Oh well just some ideas. Otherwise maybe just another vent?
Mike

Premium Features