• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

enclosed trailer tips

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I just finished painting the walls and putting down epoxy flooring in my trailer this weekend:

IMG_1146.jpg

I'm going to order a set of cabinets from these guys: www.modulinecabinets.com before I wire it.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Don't you ride a yamaha?:p

yeah, but I break stuff...and well, others ride with me, so you never know... :) (sled is in the pic)

Would LOVE to find some good 12v lights (similar to the 4' shop lights) but have them powered from trailer battery...ideal would be some High out put LED's...the trailer already has loads of low output lights, but I want LIGHTS for working in trailer...and like others, concerned about the shop lights...

Last edited:
S
Oct 21, 2004
Puyallup, WA
Don't you ride a yamaha?:p

Nice looking trailers everyone. The rubber over the gap on the ramps is genius. I had an old 4 place that I used as a garage for sleds and bikes. Always had a broom handy to clean out that gap so as to not bust out the joint. Especially useful on older and weaker (rusting) trailers.

Snowbyrd, is that a 7ft wide trailer? Looks nice!

8' 3" Wide

Please post where you bought your "add ons", like propane tanks, shelves, cabinets, I also am looking for some durable 110V lights that will hold up to rough roads.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Great post!

Propane tanks can come easy if you want it hanging down, the 12" round tanks are cheap and plentiful, Craigslist or your local salvage yard are a place to start. Make sure you get one that has a vapor outlet.
I am going with 3 overhead cabinets from Triton and other bins and accessory cabinets from Blazin Bell Tech I like the look of their stuff.
You could also try Pit Pal, they are a little cheaper on some items..
For the lights I bought shop lights for my last trailer and put the protective covers over the lamps and ziptied them to the fixture. Never had one come loose. Get the fixtures with cold weather ballasts.
Let's see some more pics of the inside setups!!

Here is the propane tank on my trailer now.. 8 gallon tank
P1120090.jpg

SkiDooHoser

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Driggs, Idaho
Flooring

I really like the plastic flooring (poly-bead) that they use at Mirage Trailers. Its a 4x8 sheet ¾ ply at $125.00 a sheet.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
I really like the plastic flooring (poly-bead) that they use at Mirage Trailers. Its a 4x8 sheet ¾ ply at $125.00 a sheet.

It holds up alot better than I would have ever thought too!!! carbides dont seem to "cut" through it.

I noticed if you drive your sled down the pavement like say across the parking lot far enough to heat up your carbides a bit when you park you sleds in there is when it will melt the coating:eek:

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
It holds up alot better than I would have ever thought too!!! carbides dont seem to "cut" through it.

I noticed if you drive your sled down the pavement like say across the parking lot far enough to heat up your carbides a bit when you park you sleds in there is when it will melt the coating:eek:

Got some of it peeling up in one corner...any tips to get it to stick back down?

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
I got my spare tire out of the way by mounting it up under the trailer. I put a short hose over the exposed thread that bolts it up, and grease, so it won't rust. Make sure you carry the proper wrench to unbolt it, and a small piece of tarp to lay on, cause the ground will probably be wet when you need it. And point the valve stem down so you can check it's press.

U

U turn

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Ardrossan, AB
Check your electrical at the front of the trailer. Mine was an indoor electrical box with a cover. It was full of debris from all the holes. While I was updating the electrical for the furnace, I moved all the wiring connections inside.

My upper cabinets are Craftsman, and the shelving racks are Suncast.

Great source for electrical info:

http://bart.ccis.com/home/mnemeth/12volt/12volt.htm

My web page needs some updating, I'll have to get some new pics.

http://rmksledder.homestead.com/enclosed.html

Last edited:

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Ya - I wanted tro check it out too - but it is against my religion to register w/ dootalk :beer;:beer; Actually Gator was the lazy one ! and 2 posts here.

Toll

Premium Member
Oct 30, 2008
www.miragetrailers.com
Hey everyone,
We have a few bunks of the Poly Bead flooring left over from last years snow season that we have discounted from $125.00 to $75.00 a sheet. Call Trevor (208) 461-7776 at Mirage or email him at trevor@mirageinc.com . These sheets do not have the black plastic coating on the bottom.

P

papa bear

Nov 26, 2007
Hobart, WA
WA has been using more and more salt solution on the passes. That stuff corrodes everything. Need ideas for undercoating...

Premium Features