• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 skidoo summit 800 xm chaincase removal

R
Mar 18, 2019
Looking to see what the best way to remove the complete chaincase from the sled is, also does anyone know if there is a correct balance for the jack shaft or bearings? New to the thread. Does anyone have a link to buy new complete chain cases?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
The aluminum big scary looking rivets need to be drilled out. They drill out super easy.
When disassembling take pics of everything.
When reinstalling the chaincase, get the plate that goes inside the tunnel that bolts to the back of the chaincase. It makes the job easier. I can’t remember where to get them.
You can do it!

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Yeah, they'll also snap right off with a sharp chisel, the huck rivets on top are the worst to get too. All in all, kind of a nightmare job, ranks right down there with an oil tank replace job. I have a complete chaincase if your looking for a used one

case.jpg

AKDoug

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Do yourself a favor and remove the fuel tank first. Then the track and suspension. Pull the muffler, then the cover from the chaincase. Pull the chain and gears. Move on to removing the drive shaft. Remove the secondary jack shaft (you may need to whack it hard with a plastic mallet) Now use a cold chisel and pop off all the rivets from the chaincase. The hardest ones are on top behind the oil tank. Remove the oil tank mounting bolts, to loosen things us to get to the rivets. Install new chaincase using 6mm bolts and the plate from 'Doo. It really isn't that hard, just time consuming.

The reason I say remove the fuel tank is that on the 2013's there is very little clearance between the oil tank and the fragile fuel tank fittings. I horsed things around too much and snapped one of mine off.. a $200 used fuel pump setup and I was back in business.

Premium Features