• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MY 2015 RMK SNOWCHECK!! WOW... WHAT A SLED!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
L
Feb 13, 2010
nl, canada
I don't see why anyone would snowcheck an assault for $1300 (cad) more than an loaded rmk. Isn't an assault a loaded rmk with a wider stance? Do you get better clicker shocks on the assault than on the rmk option?

yes, with this unique snowcheck program you can turn a standard rmk into an assault for $1300 less only track and stance would differ.

S

Skeld

Mar 6, 2011
Bangor, Maine
I think the Assault probably still has some extra bracing that the Standard with clickers would not...but for me that isn't much of an issue. I don't like to hit stuff too hard, I just like stiff suspension that will hold up over a period of abuse.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'm running the FastTrax Tunnel PROtector kit on my current sled and will be installing it on my next one as well.

IMO... It should be one of the first upgrades on your PRO RMK for anyone that crashes or hits stumps/rocks with their pro chassis RMK's...high quality laser cut stainless steel parts.. even has the long drill bit you'll need..

You don't have to disassemble the sled to install it.

Before anyone busts my chops ... YES, I paid for it.

When I first had it in my hands, I was pretty sceptical about it. I had a chassis torn down to nothing to do some other work and I installed the kit so I was able to actually feel the before and after... Before that whole area was flimsy... the FTX kit locked everything together and sandwiched the tunnel in that weak area... worth the money IMO.

2ujetagy.jpg

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Clicker/needle on the rear of the RMK

Heres a pic from the dealer show that Sledmax posted up.

Shows the 2015 RMK (standard, NON-PRO) with WE-cicker/needles on the Skis and on the Rear skid rear position (same as the Assaults)

attachment.php

RMK at Vegas.jpg

R

rugbynitro

Nov 4, 2009
Kamloops, B.C.
Has anyone been able to confirm with Polaris that this RMK will have the assault shocks all the way around?

I'm aware that the picture provides some guidance but is there anything in writing?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
I have verified today with Polaris' Snowmobile Product Manager at Corporate Polaris.

SNOWCHECK Std. RMK...
Ski shocks...WE Clicker-Needle shocks
Rear Track Shock ...WE Clicker Needle
Front track shock... WE Monotube rebuildable shock..

Shocks are same type as Assault... but have Springs and Valving for RMK.

Last edited:
P

polarcat39

Nov 16, 2013
Wyoming
I have verified today with Polaris' Snowmobile Product Manager....

SNOWCHECK RMK...
Ski shocks...WE Clicker-Needle shocks
Rear Track Shock ...WE Clicker Needle
Front track shock... WE Monotube rebuildable shock..

Shocks are same type as Assault... but have Springs and Valving for RMK.

I hope you are right, but per my dealer and a representative from Polaris:

That sled will come with the standard Ryde FX shocks in the rear, the upgrade gets you the front suspension shocks only.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
FYI guys, in addition to the added tunnel bracing, the Assault has steel a-arms, no stab bar, and wider stance. Front skid mount is lower, but can be drilled. Rails were different, don't know if they still are. You can get the 5.1 track on the Assault at snow check. Don't know if the 15 Assault with get the carbon overstructure. Details, details, but these are some other differences from the RMK. Oh, holey rear flap, too.

The LE RMK with clickers is spec'ed to have the glued arms, stab bar, narrower width. MH can continue to lead the charge on the rear track shock.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
ASSAULT... also sits higher in the front to compensate for the rear-suspension-front-arm sitting lower in the chassis An the Assault, Rails are still turned up to compensate for the steeper angle of attack for better rough terrain performance sacrificing deep snow ability. Not a good idea to run RMK rails in the lower Assault position.

Sneak A Peak

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2013
Washington State
Has anyone been able to confirm with Polaris that this RMK will have the assault shocks all the way around?

I'm aware that the picture provides some guidance but is there anything in writing?

My Anniversery addition PRO is comming with the clicker shocks. that is for sno check only though. If you are talking about the standard RMK, the snow check site has them listed as one of the factory options, so i would assume that the standard would come with them also if snochecked.

Sneak A Peak

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2013
Washington State
The answer I got was directly from Polaris HQ... from the man in charge of outfitting the options on the sleds.

Have your dealer or DSM inquire again if you can.

Any chance you can talk him in to offering a blue annaversary sno check sled? Have to ask. Something allong the 2014 midnight blue would be just right! Let us know!

R

rugbynitro

Nov 4, 2009
Kamloops, B.C.
My Anniversery addition PRO is comming with the clicker shocks. that is for sno check only though. If you are talking about the standard RMK, the snow check site has them listed as one of the factory options, so i would assume that the standard would come with them also if snochecked.

Did you confirm on your snocheck order that you're getting the upgraded Walker Evans track shocks??

It's frustrating not to be able to get anything in writing......

Sneak A Peak

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2013
Washington State
Did you confirm on your snocheck order that you're getting the upgraded Walker Evans track shocks??

It's frustrating not to be able to get anything in writing.......

Yep, Confirmed that i will be recieving the clicker shock package, all the way around as the assault comes today.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Eric,

Do you (or anybody else) know if the front cooler can be retained when installing a 3" track on current model RMK's? I understand the chaincase housing will need to be modified.

If so, I will be snowchecking the 2015 RMK 163 with clicker shocks and e-start. The XM is very tempting though.

Polaris really did step up to the plate with color options, bags, clicker shocks, etc.

Even on an RMK!!!

Looks like massive Overtime this summer.

F

fullboredragon

Mar 24, 2009
Thanks for the heads up MH, I just ordered my white STD rmk 163 with the clickers, bags, black rails, black tunnel and the black mid windshield, I originally got e start but I think im going to cancel it, couldn't resist free!

C

clamlake600

Feb 2, 2010
Ah mountainhorse...did you actually snowcheck this RMK LE? I was at dealer today ready to SNCK this exact sled... which you can do on the website, but was told by the dealer and the polaris rep who was at dealer today (by chance) and called to confirm that a hybrid isnt available?? very confused, dealer is pissed because the computer lets you build it, but not sure what will come, belt drive or chaincase... needless to say, i was disappointed and nothing got ordered today...:face-icon-small-con

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Ah mountainhorse...did you actually snowcheck this RMK LE? I was at dealer today ready to SNCK this exact sled... which you can do on the website, but was told by the dealer and the polaris rep who was at dealer today (by chance) and called to confirm that a hybrid isnt available?? very confused, dealer is pissed because the computer lets you build it, but not sure what will come, belt drive or chaincase... needless to say, i was disappointed and nothing got ordered today...:face-icon-small-con

I am confused by what you are confused about... please explain further.

If you order an RMK LE (non Pro) it comes as a regular RMK PLUS Pro A-arms, Pro bars, controls, and Assualt brake/jack shaft. It does not have an carbon fiber or a belt drive. you can also add clicker shocks, bags, etc all for free (just like the Pro).

Make sense? Did the Poo rep say anything different than that?

Premium Features