• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DRAGON FUEL FILTERS ON THE PRO-RMK... THOUGHTS AND PART #'s

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Josh,

That is a low pressure (4-8psi) carbureted fuel fiter... not appropriate for use on a fuel injected system.

The attractive part about the Aftermarket dragon filters
1) They are the same filter element as stock PRO, Dragon and 900 CFI fuel filters.
2) They already have the 5/16" QD on the line
3) They only cost $24

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
TTT.

I'm also going to be using the Wix 33300 (NAPA 3300) fuel filter in this setup as well.

It has a physically higher capacity filter element and is rated at 11 micron (perfect micron rating IMO) ... application is Ford/Lincoln/Mercury '92-98.... 5/16" inlet 3/8" outlet (cant get the in/out mixed up)

Once set up with the hoses and quick disconnects... filter changes would only cost about $15 and would be a common stocking part at your local auto parts store.
OR
Ebay vendors have them shipped to your door for less on the WIX 33300

A filter change would only take a couple of minutes and not require any disassembly of the sled if placed in the right location.

I like the quality and consistency of the Wix filters over other brands of filters in my experience.

NAPA 3300 is a re-boxed Wix filter (same)

other Cross #'s are

Motorcraft FG-881

Fram #G7596

PUROLATOR #F64728

AC DELCO GF749

Hastings GF261

fg881-fro.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast

Quality and type of hose and the clamps that you use with it are CRUCIAL to a safe installation. Hoses and clamps must be matched.

Worm-screw hose clamps should NOT be used for any reason.

DO NOT cut/reuse any of the hose from your original Polaris fuel filter assembly.

If you do not have experience with hoses and fuel systems and safety procedures in hose routing and mounting... DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS INSTALLATION

Last edited:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Fyi. Make sure you get the clamp on the brass elbow tight. Mine started leaking and didnt have a screwdriver. I bet i lost an extra couple gallons of c 12 on the ride out. I thought i had it too tight but i guess not. Im going to use two clamps and some loctite this go round

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
they are 3/8 on 3/8 so no problem there. and looking closer the clamps werent the problem, well totally. make sure the extra threads arent touching anything or going to touch anything. my excess threads were rubbing the return line but im pretty sure the hose is not damaged just the outer loom is rubbed through.

my leak was coming from the filter itself. i have a silber kit and allthough the filter was not touching anything when i built it, it did rest on my air box after i installed my intake hose. didnt notice oops

you can see the rub mark on the aluminum here. it was pissin out of the rib of the filter. they arent very thick at all

2013-03-02_16-42-06_897_zps16916b75.jpg

Premium Features