• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 PRO RMK 201.6 !!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
I am also interested in the clutch drilling, was thinking of this yrs. ago but thought it would blow to pieces especially the primary! I bet the mfgr's take a close look at that? I was thinking of lightening holes all around the periphery of the secondary since you have more contact surface and the belt will be mainly below that point in a hurry. Basically spiral downward with progressively larger spacing to not loose contact surface when geared up! Just think how much outer weight could be lost on a 11" clutch when gearing up towards the bottom? Kinda like the small brake rotor they went with this yr. to reduce reciprocating mass at the perimeter. It makes the belt drive look like it was responsible for the power/response improvement, but I bet the rotor did more for it than we are led to believe? Mike

S
Dec 9, 2010
Wrangell, AK
Props for individualism and ingenuity, but I don't see this working very well in the real world the way it sits... even if he threw a turbo on it. That rear suspension will need to be re-engineered to transfer properly when climbing. And just throwing in a stiffer spring/shock/revalve to compensate for the additional leverage will not allow the skid to compress correctly. But maybe he's working on a fix for that? longer push rods and a tunnel brace/drop bracket?

S

shmuckaluck

Aug 20, 2001
Federal Way, Washington
Hey guys,
I also think he completely destroyed a great sled, but trying new things, doing some mods using household items without spending a bunch of money thats cool, the drilled clutch seams like a great idea. But I've never seen a thug driving a chevy caprice with 33 inch wheels and thought, wow that took a lot of thought and engineering.

K
Oct 11, 2012
Jackson Hole, WY
Well we never made it out Sunday as the warm weather has melted away most the snow and put us back into anticipation mode here in Jackson.

Reason being for the delay on anymore updates and info, Ted should be swinging by the shop today for his usual visit and I will try and get all the clutching information i can from him..

He wanted to thank everyone once again for all the interest in his new sled, already it has been featured on a number of facebook pages "Polaris Freeride, Sledheads, Snowest, Blown Motor, KLIM, and Action Snowmobile & Polaris of course".. If anyone is interested in featuring it for a complete write up give us a call and we will put you in touch with the man himself.. (307) 733-4682

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
I've said it before and I'll say it again easier driving on the snow then threw it.If your only spinning the track@ 25-30 mph but traveling 15-20 is still better than spinning 45-50 and only moving at 5-10 mph.I think if you can handle it it will climb.Congrats on your sweet build I LIKED the XP you built last year better .J/K Cheers

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Just because it may or may not be something for me, it will probably work well for him.
I'm picturing my dad with something like this. I'd like to put him on this during a deeeeep powder day.

Heck I'd try it too, even though I think I'd still prefer my 155.

I've said it before and I'll say it again easier driving on the snow then threw it.If your only spinning the track@ 25-30 mph but traveling 15-20 is still better than spinning 45-50 and only moving at 5-10 mph.I think if you can handle it it will climb.Congrats on your sweet build I LIKED the XP you built last year better .J/K Cheers

Thats a pretty good point. No need to bag on this build, right.

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
Well without experimentation and innovation there is no progress, so will be interesting if this works or if its simply past the point of diminishing returns.

I remember when going to a 141 was a big deal.

K
Oct 11, 2012
Jackson Hole, WY
FULL MOD LIST!

Sorry for the delay and the absence gentlemen, been a very busy past 2 weeks with our first few snow showers.. As previously mentioned and after multiple request's here is the complete modification list on Ted George's 201.6!

Ted calls his 201.6 the "Aladdin Edition - The Magic Carpet"

Base Sled - 2013 Pro RMK 163 - 424 Drive
Currently - 2013 Pro RMK 201.6 - 545 Drive

• Sway Bar removed
  • Set to full narrow ski stance
  • Stock Shocks & Springs
  • 189" ICE AGE Rails
  • 6inch Tracks USA Extensions
  • Four crossbars added to skid
  • AVID 9 tooth Drivers - Arctic Cat Style
  • SLP Anti Stab Wheels
  • Two-peice Hifax extension's added at the seem off the 189' hifax
  • Ice Scratchers with washer welded to tips
  • 17inch's in total tunnel extension at .080 Thickness, STOCK- .065 thickness
  • SKINZ rear bumper side pieces - Ski Doo Style
  • 48inches of extra cooling through 1 inch WARD Gas Flex Tubing mounted under the rear extension
  • 11.5 Gallon Tank drilled to a 12.1 Gallon Tank
  • 2in Polaris Bar Riser
  • 3rd Trumpet added to center plate of the Airbox
  • Decompression port plugged
  • Yellow VES Springs
  • SLP Torque Arms
  • Timing kicked up 2 degree's, NO offset key
  • 1200 Sq Inches of Footprint; .38lbs per square inch - 100lbs less than stock 163 has .46lbs per square inch..
  • SLP Single Power Commander V
  • Oil tank removed, custom built Oil Tank relocated over the Belt Drive
  • Stock belt Ratio
  • Throttle body heaters removed
  • Quick release side panels
  • TEAM TIED Secondary - Drilled 48 7/30 sec holes
  • 73/57.35 Helix
  • THUNDER PRODUCTS 911 Cover with Heavy Hitters
  • Stock Primary Spring
  • Four 3/8ths holes in helix
  • 4in holes in secondary hub
  • Otter Box used as toolkit
  • Twin 166" Series 4 Camoplast 2.52 tracks -Cut one bar out, added 15 bar section.. 10 Button head bolts, Aluminum WOODY'S Backers at each seam, 108 outside nubs cut off...

" I like to pretty much stay as stock, as possible " - Ted George of Jackson 5959 Garage...

Hope this answers everyone's questions on the sled itself, btw this thing gets it... Ted has already has logged about 80 miles in the past two weeks riding Togwotee though the snow is a bit thin for this beast to show its true potential.. Nonetheless she goes.. Think Snow!

Track clamp;

IMG_1658.jpg IMG_1656.jpg IMG_1661.jpg IMG_1664.jpg IMG_1662.jpg

Last edited:

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
Thanks for the update. Very cool! A few non traditional ideas, might just be the ticket.:face-icon-small-coo

catmann

Lifetime Membership
May 1, 2008

What happen to one he build last year? Any pics of that one?

Third airbox trumpet really make a difference?

Premium Features