• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Comparison: Zbroz vs Holz A Arms 2012 Pro

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
That is no longer the case. They changed the jig. Our 12 sets all fit perfect.

I can also attest to the fact the zbroz will give before the bulkhead. We lost 2 lowers this weekend trying to get some early season turbo testing done.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
The set of zbroz arms I had delivered had an issue with the upper a-arm contacting the factory springs, sent them back without being used. The holtz set I got shortly thereafter looks good.

They make offset bushings to cure this problem. When you try putting the IQ A Arms on the Pro you will run into this issue with Z Broz. The ones made for the Pro fit fine.

IQR800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2010
Laramie, WY
z bros

I have a new set of a-arms from z bros (currently on my IQR), and I want to install them on my new pro. I noticed that the bushings on the two sleds are different, and not interchangeable. Will Z-bros have the corrections for this, and is there any way to put the Pro a arms on my IQR as replacements? I have the same issues with the exit shocks. Any info much appreciated.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
I have totalled 3 sleds in 6 years...all had Holz arms. Of the 3, not ONCE did a Holz Arm get bent. Thats pretty darn strong in my book. Holz makes a great product and stnads behind their products. First class and top notch.

And not taking away anything fromm ZBroz. They would be my second choice.

D

Dmill

Sep 14, 2009
great falls / snow slip inn
where have eveyones zbroz arms been failing..

i am really hard on my stuff, take out trees whatever else..
i had my new zbroz from boston racing on for 2 rides, plenty of snow where i ride, scraped a few rocks but no hard hits..

i have no reason to lie and nothing to gain from saying this nor am i trying to make zbroz look bad but i cant beleive how and where my arm bent on my second ride today..

went off a little downhill jump (10 ft far at most) got down to the bottom of a huge play area with only one way out (up)

could not turn my sled right..
thought i snapped my tie rod, nope
upon further inspection my lower arm where the ball joint goes into the spindle, was bent in just a bump and upward, making it rub on the spindle..

i seriously could not beleive that that drop caused that, it was smooth landing, smooth sailing, and the ride down i didnt hit anything. i know it was the drop because i had to take a hard right where i set up my guide post for takeoff.

spent the rest of the day tryin to get my sled out the top, which is a really really tough climb 100% of the time usually takes three of us 1/2 day busting a super highway to the top. couldnt do it so we made a long trip through tight trees to the bottom of the mountain where the trail was... TERRIBLE

is it possible that piece is casted and was a bad casting.. which caused it to fail.

this ****ty thing is now i have to track down a replacement arm from zbroz, which are way out of stock forever, have a big trip planned after xmas, and don know what to do. i have the new 12' style arms with the crinkle coat finish..sept-dec2011176.jpg

Last edited:

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I have a replacement in stock for you.

I am also going to contact zbroz about this Monday. Out of all the sets we sold, all but one bent in the same place.

You will get the replacement for what we get them for.

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
The new design is far weaker then the old one. i have a old set and a friend has a new one and ive hit way more things much harder and havnt bent one. he hit his spindle on a little hill or something and bent it in almost the exact same spot.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
don't forget about CMX a-arms and spindles. they look preety high quality and are supposed to have reduced weight, steering effort, and turning radius.

Just remember that you have to run the CMX spindles and a-arms together. Something about how the geometry is changed with the spindles. All the components work together so you can't mix and match.

One thing worth mentioning with the Zbroz a-arms is that the new finish was done that way to help keep snow from building up on the metal. I got this info from the Zbroz guys at the snow show.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Just remember that you have to run the CMX spindles and a-arms together. Something about how the geometry is changed with the spindles. All the components work together so you can't mix and match.

One thing worth mentioning with the Zbroz a-arms is that the new finish was done that way to help keep snow from building up on the metal. I got this info from the Zbroz guys at the snow show.

Actually alternative impact makes the arms for cmx and they are the same geometry as the stockers. The spindles are what's different and there's 6.5 pounds saving in the arms. Thats the info I got from Dan at alt impact.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Well I was waiting to hear back from zbroz after emailing them, but after not hearing from them yet, here is the picture of my bent lower a arm from zbroz with the same symptom as Dmill. I am the guy that AKlogan is talking about. I had about 25 miles on the arm(heck on the whole sled!!!) and all i did was go into a sidehill and the ski hit dirt, causing my spindle to hit the a arm. Didn't think I hit it abnormally hard. I was totally blown away when I couldn't turn right either, thinking the same thing as dmill I thought I had busted a tierod. But to come to find out, the lower ball joint was almost pushed forward. Here is some pics. I did ride all day with it like that though. I would say they need to reevaluate their "new" design.
2071ada8.jpg

6a892861.jpg

07d5f2bc.jpg

880aedf2.jpg

D

Dmill

Sep 14, 2009
great falls / snow slip inn
yep mine looks almost identical.. we all need to get together and talk to zbroz, i am sorry the is not acceptable for 475 dollar a-arms... i thought the stockers were weak, and after buying three lower arms i figured it would be just as smart to get expensive aftermarket set.. now im wishin i would have just bought a lower from the dealer.

anyone else have something like that.. zbroz needs to do something

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Zbroz IQ RMK and Pro RMK lower arms

Zbroz is working on an update for those that have not had a problem and will be replacing any that are bent. The new design had minimal snow time last year and didn't have any failures. After the few calls and failures that have had happened they are now starting to call customers directly to let them know what the options are. This is all new as of today so if you haven't gotten a call I'm sure you will. The two options are 1st if you have a set of stock lowers still and can pull off the current lowers send them in and they will strip add the gusset plates and re powder coat and send them back to you, all at no charge. If you do not have a set to put on you will have to wait until they have some replacement ones to send you, ETA on those is after the 1st of the year. If you have bent a single side that one will be replaced and the other updated. They have never had an issue like this with any other arm that I'm aware of but they are going to stand behind every set sold so there should be nothing to worry about but it will be a pain in the butt for a few customers I'm sure.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Now that's customer service!! Reminds me of another thread on here concerning another company and what they should be doing. Not gonna say what company the seats are made by though...

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
If you have purchased the new style Z-Bro's Arms, PLEASE get into contact with your dealer or Z-Bro's as quick as possible. I have made contact with just about all of my affected customers this morning and we are working to rectify the problem. If you purchased arms from me and I have not called/emailed/PM'd you, please get into contact with me so we can get the arms updated/replaced.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Gusset? Oh my that's reassuring. This design needs to be re engineered without a weld assembly at it most stressed area. Best to have a solid piece of stock in its place to reduce the weak weld affected zone

Premium Features