• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 RMK CONS

P
Nov 26, 2007
washington
HI to all. What are cons on new RMK we heard how great sled is but honestly how sled handels against old REV, M8 , XP. Back in 2007 everybody were screaming how light and how easy to ride ,sidehill XP but sudenly for 2010 BRP admits that XP is need some improvment to make sidehilling better.I have old Rev and XP and looking to trade-in XP for new RMK. Thanks.P.S. from our group 2 guys came back from XPs to old REVs.:face-icon-small-con

T

trench

Nov 28, 2007
Good point thats why you need never listen to the majority af the veiws of snowesters.
Find out first hand, our group and my self have very different veiws after comparing most brands than the veiws of some snowesters.

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
wait

HI to all. What are cons on new RMK we heard how great sled is but honestly how sled handels against old REV, M8 , XP. Back in 2007 everybody were screaming how light and how easy to ride ,sidehill XP but sudenly for 2010 BRP admits that XP is need some improvment to make sidehilling better.I have old Rev and XP and looking to trade-in XP for new RMK. Thanks.P.S. from our group 2 guys came back from XPs to old REVs.:face-icon-small-con

personally I would wait until the spring of 2012 before buying the new RMK, give the sled a full season and make sure Poo has got a handle on their issues!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
personally I would wait until the spring of 2012 before buying the new RMK, give the sled a full season and make sure Poo has got a handle on their issues!

I understand you line of thinking but I bought the 2007 D7 (first year sled) and never looked back. Maybe that doesn't happen much, but sleds change all the time. If you always wait until they are just right, you would never get a sled!

J
Mar 19, 2008
Amen Bugito! I want it now! I would rather buy it the first year and take the chance that it will live up to the hype, than spend all year on my old sled gettin my a$$ handed to me because i wanted to play it safe for a year.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Ive bought several first year sleds..and had great luck...Seems like polaris always stepped up and did updates and such even when it was fine...

P
Nov 26, 2007
washington
Thanks for replies guys, I was watching demo videos and i like that even polaris sales persons asks what riders dont like about new RMK, so I think it good for us to say all cons cause they watching us.:face-icon-small-hap

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
The color. I hope they have some options, I don't like the red. Dealer does not know of any options yet, but I still have my name on one.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
I understand you line of thinking but I bought the 2007 D7 (first year sled) and never looked back. Maybe that doesn't happen much, but sleds change all the time. If you always wait until they are just right, you would never get a sled!

HAhaha! And it looks like they will keep it around more than two years......maybe:face-icon-small-win

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Chop the bars at least an inch on each side.

Love the CamoX also....would like Pol to just go with that instead of their proprietary edition.

Put some black grip tape on the underside of that rear bumper...and maybe the front one as well. Who looks at the underside of the bumper anyway, right?

Thicken up that rear flap some...it's a little flimsy and some sleds were sucking it into the tunnel.

EGTs would be awesome.

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
haven't been near one yet but my concern is the location of the coolant bottle and oil res. appears to be above the belt gaurd and i don't think thats gonna be without its own problems. would also like to see a hood that doesn't need tools to remove (minor). still pretty worried about the motor also been stung a few times by poo motors. with that said i am acually considering going back to poo because they definately stepped it up

P
Feb 9, 2010
My 2010 rush is setup the same way, no problems spilling oil or anything like that, it looks like you might but just hold a rag with the oil jug and wipe it immediately after adding oil, simple.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Thanks for replies guys, I was watching demo videos and i like that even polaris sales persons asks what riders dont like about new RMK, so I think it good for us to say all cons cause they watching us.:face-icon-small-hap

I was on a demo ride and that is no BS. The first thing the Polaris guys came up with is what DON"T you like about it. I honestly had a tough time coming up with something. The bars were perfect for me, but I could see if you were under 6 feet tall they might be a little high. I was hesitant to buy a first year dragon when they came out with the 800's. I waited a year and bought the 09. My friends 08 turned out to be way more reliable than mine has. Might have been just luck of the draw. I honestly think that IF the new Pro RMK turns out to be a reliable machine it will change the mountain snowmobile segment. There will always be guys who are so brand loyal they won't switch no matter how good the machine is, but I honestly don't think you can step off a rev or m chassis or an IQ chassis and not think the new RMK is a major improvement. I have rode every sled besides an apex and in my opinion there is no comparison.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
That's the first thing they asked us when we got back to the trailer.

We gathered up and Marty took out a pad and pencil and said "what don't you like?".

Premium Features