• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 polaris fusion 900 upgrades.

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
hello all, my fusion 900 has 5030 miles on it and 130psi in each cylinder when cold but i think im gona rebuild it to be safe i want to put slp heads, and the slp single pipe for the 05 but does the 06 pipe work for the 05 engine? because i noticed the pipe for the 05 doesnt include the y-pipe, but the 06 does, could you use the 06 pipe on the 05 engine?

and i want to extended it to 144, but would a 2" paddle fit? and what would be the best option for the lenghtening, should I get extensions or what? and what should the gearing be?

anything else i could do to get a little more power from the 900 engine without getting to drastic and staying on pump gas. thanks alot.

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
The 06 Slp pipe will work on the 05. The SLP Y-pipe will not work with the 05 engine though. If your buying new you might as well stick with the 05 SLP pipe.

Always the best option is an aftermarket tunnel (a lot stronger) and full length rails. But, not cost effective on that chassis, you may as well buy a new sled.

It might be alittle hard trying to find rail extensions that go from 121-144. I believe they only go from 121-136 and 136-144. Same with a tunnel extension I've only seen 121-136 for the fusion. You could talk to VE (VanAmburg Enterprises) to see if they could make one or if there is one available.

As for the track, I'm not sure what height they are proly a 1.25" or something. I imagine you could run a 2" maybe if you removed the front cooler and went with a rear u-cooler or something but don't quote me I haven't seen one up in my neck of the woods. Put it on its side and measure the distance from the front cooler to the top of the lug on your track.

polarfox

Lifetime Membership
121-144 is possible. Done it myself on an 06 fusion. Tracks USA. Good kit. You'll need to get the tunnel ext as well.

You can get 2" paddles in without any worries, and if I was to do it again, I might take a chance on more, like 2.25. There is no cooler up there on the bulkhead, only on the top of the tunnel.

With that many miles on, and if you like the sled, I would consider looking up Indy Dan at Indy specialties and having the crank TM-3'd, especially if you're going to go through the effort of pistons and rings. The 755-900 motors are prone to crank failure. Sure would suck to go through all the work you are about to do, to go out pour the coals to it and have the clutch land in the belly. jmo

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
the SLP Y-PIPE WILL fit the 05 motor..i have one on my 05 900...with an 05 SLP CAN.....BUT....the Y-pipe is like 2" longer then the stock y-pipe so you will have to make a bracket for your bump stop the holds the pipe on the side (about 2" fwd the stock location) and you run the rish of the end of the pipe not reaching the can..i had decent luck with my CPI can matching up ok..but head them together with safety wire..

also note bring the pipe 2" closer to the nose/hood wiring harness..so you will have to make sure EVERYTHING is covered in heat tape..no matter what it is..

i did have a leak from the donut gasket on the y-pipe to pipe area last time i rode..but i am sure doubling up on springs will seal her up..

hope it helps..its worth it if you care about 1-2 "possible" HP..or just for the cool factor..i got a deal on one and figured why not..

track info...couldnt tell ya..i run 166", lol..

let me know if you need any more help...

Premium Features