• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bad EGT Probe on 09 Dragon?

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Went riding yesterday and sled was running like poop. The check engine light was flashing 5 times. Opened the hood and noticed my EGT probe was completely unthreaded from the pipe and dangling under the pipe. I screwed it back in and it ran good for about 10 minutes then started doing the same thing. Now it has a terrible hesitation at 5400 rpms and doesn't get more than 7600 rpms max. Any ideas? Think the probe got wrecked when it was just dangling there? Should I try to clean it and run it again? Or maybe just get a new one?
Thanks.

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
ive seen that happen on 3 different 09 600 cfi dragons. it never was floping around but there were just hanging from the pipe ... i think polaris needs to do some more quality control on stuff like this

C

cpatts2000

Jan 22, 2008
Winthrop,WA
I can't remember if that it the code for 5 flashes, ask your dealer, they are under warranty. I had one go bad on me after 200 miles.

G
Dec 2, 2008
Quebec, Ca
5 blinks is

Exhaust Temperature Sensor Circuit
Voltage High P0546
Sensor signal is above 4.9 Vdc for at least 2 minutes
and the engine has been running at or above 3000
RPM.

or

Exhaust Temperature Sensor Circuit
Voltage Low P0545
Sensor signal is below 0.06 Vdc for at least 2 minutes
and the engine has been running at or above 3000
RPM

D
Mar 19, 2009
Idaho
Same thing happen

I had the same thing happen to me. I was out riding and the light started blinking. It also started cutting out at random times. I called the dealer and the they told me what it was so i looked all around and couldnt see any wires broke or anything wrong with the sensor. I just took it to the dealer and they replaced it. all under warenty no questions asked.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
If you replace it yourself then you need to start it, let it warm up to operating temp (water temp above 100 or so) and then it should reset and clear the blinking code.

sled_guy

Premium Features